手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语口语 > 实战口语 > The english we speak > 正文

The english we speak(BBC教学)第51期: over the moon欣喜若狂

编辑:cherry   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  
  • Hello, I'm Li and welcome to The English We Speak.
  • 你好,我是李,欢迎来到我们所说的英语。
  • And hello, I'm Rob. Now Li, I need to tell you something.
  • 大家好,我是罗伯。现在李,我得告诉你一些事。
  • You know John in the office? Well, he's got a new job.
  • 你知道办公室的约翰吗?他换了一个新工作。
  • That's great news. How is he feeling?
  • 这是好消息啊。他感觉怎么样?
  • Well, obviously, he's over the moon.
  • 显然,他欣喜若狂啊。
  • What? John is 'over the moon'? Is he going to be an astronaut?
  • 什么?约翰在月亮之上?他要成为宇航员了吗?
  • No Li! Well, I don't think so. I just mean he's extremely pleased and happy.
  • 不是李!我想不是这样的。我只是说他非常满意和开心。
  • Oh I see. I know in the nursery rhyme Hey Diddle Diddle, "the cow jumped over the moon",
  • 哦,我知道了。我知道在儿歌摇啊摇里“牛跳到了月亮之上”,
  • but I've never heard of a man jumping over the moon, so he must be very, very, very excited.
  • 但是我从没听过一个人跳到月亮之上,所以他一定非常非常激动。
  • It's just a saying Li. He's not actually jumping over the moon.
  • 这只是一种形容李。他并没有真的跳到月亮之上。
  • We say it to show that he's so excited that, in theory, he could jump as high as the moon!
  • 我们用它来表示他太激动了以至于理论上他可以跳的和月亮一样高。
  • And over it! Li, do you know how high the moon really is?
  • 并且超过月亮!李,你知道月亮实际上有多高吗?
  • No, but I know it's a long way away.
  • 不知道,但是我知道那是距离很远的地方。
  • It certainly is! Let's hear some more examples of people being over the moon...
  • 它确实是!让我们来听更多的人们欣喜若狂的例子。
  • When Jane heard she had won the lottery, she was over the moon.
  • 当简听到她中了彩票的时候,她欣喜若狂。
  • When he found out he'd passed his exam he was over the moon.
  • 当他发现自己通过考试的时候,他欣喜若狂。
  • I can't hide it; I'm over the moon about getting a
  • promotion.
  • So, being 'over the moon' means being very excited.
  • 所以,在月亮之上的意思是欣喜若狂。
  • Of course John is not only over the moon about getting a new job, he's also on cloud nine.
  • 当然了约翰得到新工作不仅欣喜若狂还高兴得飘飘然了。
  • What? Now he's on cloud nine?! Is he going to be an airline pilot then, or even a bird?
  • 什么?现在他在9号云上?他将要成为飞机飞行员了或者一只鸟了?
  • Nothing like that. It's just another way of saying he's very excited and happy about something – he's up on a very high cloud – cloud nine.
  • 不是那样的。这只是另一种表现他对某事非常激动和开心的说法——他高兴得飘飘然了——飘飘然。
  • I see. Here's some more examples…
  • 我懂了。以下是一些例子。
  • Julie got married last week and she's been on cloud nine ever since.
  • 朱莉上周结婚了,自那以后她就高兴得飘飘然了。
  • I've never seen Fred so happy; he's been on cloud nine since he passed his exams!
  • 我从没有见过弗雷德这么开心,自从他通过考试以后她就高兴得飘飘然了!
  • So now we know what to say about someone who's very excited and happy.
  • 所以现在我们知道如何形容某人非常激动和开心了。
  • Yes, two good phrases. So, come on Rob, if John is not going to be a pilot or an astronaut, what is his new job?
  • 是的,两个好的短语。所以,来吧罗伯,如果约翰不会成为一名飞行员或宇航员,他的新工作是什么?
  • Something just as exciting maybe? No – he's going to be an accountant.
  • 或许是和这一样有趣的?不,他将要成为一名会计。
  • Oh, boring! Are you sure? Who is that I can see jumping over the moon? Look!
  • 哦,无聊!你确定吗?我看到的那个跳到月亮之上的是谁?快看!
  • Is it a cow? Is it a bird? Is it a plane?
  • 这是一只牛吗?是一只鸟吗?是一架飞机吗?
  • No, no, no – it's John – he really is over the moon! And he really is a star!
  • 不,不,不,那是约翰,他确实在月亮之上了!而且他确实是一个星星!
  • Come on Li, let's get down to earth and say goodbye to everybody.
  • 算了吧,李。我们脚踏实地然后跟大家说再见吧。
  • Bye! See you next week for more The English We Speak. Rob, I think he got stuck over there!
  • 再见!下周见获取更多的我们所说的英语。罗伯,我觉得他卡在那里了!


扫描二维码进行跟读打分训练

Li: Hello, I'm Li and welcome to The English We Speak.

李:你好,我是李,欢迎来到我们所说的英语。
Rob: And hello, I'm Rob. Now Li, I need to tell you something. You know John in the office? Well, he's got a new job.
罗伯:大家好,我是罗伯。现在李,我得告诉你一些事。你知道办公室的约翰吗?他换了一个新工作。
Li: That's great news. How is he feeling?
李:这是好消息啊。他感觉怎么样?
Rob: Well, obviously, he's over the moon.
罗伯:显然,他欣喜若狂啊。
Li: What? John is 'over the moon'? Is he going to be an astronaut?
李:什么?约翰在月亮之上?他要成为宇航员了吗?
Rob: No Li! Well, I don't think so. I just mean he's extremely pleased and happy.
罗伯:不是李!我想不是这样的。我只是说他非常满意和开心。
Li: Oh I see. I know in the nursery rhyme Hey Diddle Diddle, "the cow jumped over the moon", but I've never heard of a man jumping over the moon, so he must be very, very, very excited.
李:哦,我知道了。我知道在儿歌摇啊摇里“牛跳到了月亮之上”,但是我从没听过一个人跳到月亮之上,所以他一定非常非常激动。
Rob: It's just a saying Li. He's not actually jumping over the moon. We say it to show that he's so excited that, in theory, he could jump as high as the moon!
罗伯:这只是一种形容李。他并没有真的跳到月亮之上。我们用它来表示他太激动了以至于理论上他可以跳的和月亮一样高。
Li: And over it!
李:并且超过月亮!
Rob: Li, do you know how high the moon really is?
罗伯:李,你知道月亮实际上有多高吗?
Li: No, but I know it's a long way away.
李:不知道,但是我知道那是距离很远的地方。
Rob: It certainly is! Let's hear some more examples of people being over the moon...
罗伯:它确实是!让我们来听更多的人们欣喜若狂的例子。
When Jane heard she had won the lottery, she was over the moon.
当简听到她中了彩票的时候,她欣喜若狂。
When he found out he'd passed his exam he was over the moon.
当他发现自己通过考试的时候,他欣喜若狂。
I can't hide it; I'm over the moon about getting a promotion.
我藏不住了,我升职了因此欣喜若狂。
Li: So, being 'over the moon' means being very excited.
李:所以,在月亮之上的意思是欣喜若狂。
Rob: Of course John is not only over the moon about getting a new job, he's also on cloud nine.
罗伯:当然了约翰得到新工作不仅欣喜若狂还高兴得飘飘然了。
Li: What? Now he's on cloud nine?! Is he going to be an airline pilot then, or even a bird?
李:什么?现在他在9号云上?他将要成为飞机飞行员了或者一只鸟了?
Rob: Nothing like that. It's just another way of saying he's very excited and happy about somethinghe's up on a very high cloudcloud nine.
罗伯:不是那样的。这只是另一种表现他对某事非常激动和开心的说法——他高兴得飘飘然了——飘飘然。
Li: I see.
李:我懂了。
Rob: Here's some more examples
罗伯:以下是一些例子。
Julie got married last week and she's been on cloud nine ever since.
朱莉上周结婚了,自那以后她就高兴得飘飘然了。
I've never seen Fred so happy; he's been on cloud nine since he passed his exams!
我从没有见过弗雷德这么开心,自从他通过考试以后她就高兴得飘飘然了!
Rob: So now we know what to say about someone who's very excited and happy.
罗伯:所以现在我们知道如何形容某人非常激动和开心了。
Li: Yes, two good phrases. So, come on Rob, if John is not going to be a pilot or an astronaut, what is his new job? Something just as exciting maybe?
李:是的,两个好的短语。所以,来吧罗伯,如果约翰不会成为一名飞行员或宇航员,他的新工作是什么?或许是和这一样有趣的?
Rob: Nohe's going to be an accountant.
罗伯:不,他将要成为一名会计。
Li: Oh, boring! Are you sure? Who is that I can see jumping over the moon? Look!
李:哦,无聊!你确定吗?我看到的那个跳到月亮之上的是谁?快看!
Rob: Is it a cow? Is it a bird? Is it a plane?
罗伯:这是一只牛吗?是一只鸟吗?是一架飞机吗?
Li: No, no, noit's Johnhe really is over the moon! And he really is a star!
李:不,不,不,那是约翰,他确实在月亮之上了!而且他确实是一个星星!
Rob: Come on Li, let's get down to earth and say goodbye to everybody.
罗伯:算了吧,李。我们脚踏实地然后跟大家说再见吧。
Li: Bye! See you next week for more The English We Speak. Rob, I think he got stuck over there!
李:再见!下周见获取更多的我们所说的英语。罗伯,我觉得他卡在那里了!

重点单词   查看全部解释    
plane [plein]

想一想再看

adj. 平的,与飞机有关的
n. 飞机,水平

 
pilot ['pailət]

想一想再看

n. 飞行员,领航员,引航员
vt. 领航,驾

联想记忆
boring ['bɔ:riŋ]

想一想再看

adj. 令人厌烦的

 
lottery ['lɔtəri]

想一想再看

n. 彩票

联想记忆
rhyme [raim]

想一想再看

n. 韵,押韵,韵文 vt. 押韵,用韵诗表达 vi.

 
rob [rɔb]

想一想再看

v. 抢劫,掠夺

 
accountant [ə'kauntənt]

想一想再看

n. 会计人员

联想记忆
promotion [prə'məuʃən]

想一想再看

n. 晋升,促进,提升

联想记忆
cow [kau]

想一想再看

n. 母牛,母兽
vt. 恐吓

 
extremely [iks'tri:mli]

想一想再看

adv. 极其,非常

联想记忆

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。