手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语口语 > 实战口语 > The english we speak > 正文

The english we speak(BBC教学)第33期:sleep a wink 合眼

编辑:cherry   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  
  • Welcome to The English We Speak with me - a very tired Neil - and Feifei.Hi, I'm Feifei.
  • 欢迎大家和我一起来到我们所说的英语---我们是非常疲惫的尼尔和菲菲。大家好,我是菲菲。
  • Oh, Feifei, I'm so tired.Me too. The kids?Ah, the kids kept me awake all night.
  • 哦,菲菲,我好累啊。我也是。是孩子们吗?
  • As soon as one of them went back to sleep, the other one started screaming. What's your excuse?
  • 啊,孩子们折腾了我一夜。一旦他们其中的一个去睡觉了,另一个就会开始尖叫。你的理由是什么?
  • A mosquito.A mosquito?Yes, there was a mosquito in my room.
  • 一只蚊子。一只蚊子?是的,我屋子里有一只蚊子。
  • Every time I turned the light off and tried to go to sleep I heard buzzing in my ear. I haven't slept a wink.
  • 每次我关上灯想睡觉就能听到我耳朵边嗡嗡的声音。我一夜都没合眼.
  • And I haven't slept a wink either!
  • 我也一夜没合眼!
  • A wink is when you close and open one of your eyes very quickly once - usually to show friendliness or that you are having a joke with someone.
  • 眨眼就是你关上又睁开你的一只眼的非常快的动作,经常用来表示友好或者你和某人开玩笑。
  • It's also a verb - to wink.So, if you say 'I haven't slept a wink' it means that you've had so little sleep, your eye didn't even close once!
  • 这也是一个动词--眨眼。所以,如果你说“我一直没合眼”,这意思是你几乎没有睡觉,你的眼睛甚至一次也没合过!
  • That's right. It's an exaggeration. Here are some examples:
  • 说得对。这是一个夸张的说法。这里是一些例子:
  • You look terrible! What's the matter?
  • 你看起来很糟糕!发生了什么?
  • I haven't slept a wink. It was a really bad idea to move to a flat next to a pub.
  • 我一直没合眼。搬到酒吧旁边的公寓居住真是一个坏想法。
  • How about a trip to the cinema tonight?
  • 今晚去电影院一趟怎么样?
  • Sorry I can't. I haven't slept a wink. There were cats outside fighting all night.
  • 对不起我不行。我一直没合眼。整晚都有猫们在外面打架。
  • So, we can use 'I haven't slept a wink' to say that we are very tired because we haven't had much sleep.
  • 所以,我们可以用“我一直没合眼”来说我们很疲惫因为我们没怎么睡觉。
  • I can't wait to get home tonight and just jump into bed... I don't know how I'm going to get through the rest of this programme, let alone the rest of the day.
  • 我等不及今晚回家跳上床了...我不知道我该怎样挺过接下来的节目,更不要说剩下的一天了。
  • Me neither.Nice and quiet in here, though, isn't it?And dark.Do you think anyone would notice if we just...
  • 我也是。这里很好很安静,不是吗?而且昏暗。你觉得有人会注意到吗,如果我们...
  • That's a great idea! I'll just put these two chairs together.And I'll rest my head on this desk and...
  • 这是一个好办法!我会把这两个椅子放到一起。我会把头放在桌子上然后...
  • Argh! Kids! Mosquitos! Is there anywhere to sleep? Argh!
  • 啊!孩子们!蚊子!还有其他睡觉的地方吗?啊!


扫描二维码进行跟读打分训练

Neil:Welcome to The English We Speak with me - a very tired Neil - and Feifei.

尼尔:欢迎大家和我一起来到我们所说的英语---我们是非常疲惫的尼尔和菲菲。
Feifei:Hi, I'm Feifei.
菲菲:大家好,我是菲菲。
Neil: Oh, Feifei, I'm so tired.
尼尔:哦,菲菲,我好累啊。
Feifei: Me too. The kids?
菲菲:我也是。是孩子们吗?
Neil: Ah, the kids kept me awake all night. As soon as one of them went back to sleep, the other one started screaming. What's your excuse?
尼尔:啊,孩子们折腾了我一夜。一旦他们其中的一个去睡觉了,另一个就会开始尖叫。你的理由是什么?
Feifei: A mosquito.
菲菲:一只蚊子。
Neil: A mosquito?
尼尔:一只蚊子?
Feifei: Yes, there was a mosquito in my room. Every time I turned the light off and tried to go to sleep I heard buzzing in my ear. I haven't slept a wink.
菲菲:是的,我屋子里有一只蚊子。每次我关上灯想睡觉就能听到我耳朵边嗡嗡的声音。我一夜都没合眼。
Neil: And I haven't slept a wink either! A wink is when you close and open one of your eyes very quickly once - usually to show friendliness or that you are having a joke with someone.It's also a verb - to wink.
尼尔:我也一夜没合眼!眨眼就是你关上又睁开你的一只眼的非常快的动作,经常用来表示友好或者你和某人开玩笑。这也是一个动词--眨眼。
Feifei: So, if you say 'I haven't slept a wink' it means that you've had so little sleep,your eye didn't even close once!
菲菲:所以,如果你说“我一直没合眼”,这意思是你几乎没有睡觉,你的眼睛甚至一次也没合过!
Neil: That's right. It's an exaggeration. Here are some examples:
尼尔:说得对。这是一个夸张的说法。这里是一些例子:
A: You look terrible! What's the matter?
A:你看起来很糟糕!发生了什么?
B: I haven't slept a wink. It was a really bad idea to move to a flat next to a pub.
B:我一直没合眼。搬到酒吧旁边的公寓居住真是一个坏想法。
A: How about a trip to the cinema tonight?
A:今晚去电影院一趟怎么样?
B: Sorry I can't. I haven't slept a wink. There were cats outside fighting all night.
B:对不起我不行。我一直没合眼。整晚都有猫们在外面打架。
Neil: So, we can use 'I haven't slept a wink' to say that we are very tired because we haven't had much sleep. I can't wait to get home tonight and just jump into bed... I don't know how I'm going to get through the rest of this programme, let alone the rest of the day.
尼尔:所以,我们可以用“我一直没合眼”来说我们很疲惫因为我们没怎么睡觉。我等不及今晚回家跳上床了...我不知道我该怎样挺过接下来的节目,更不要说剩下的一天了。
Feifei: Me neither.
菲菲:我也是。
Neil: Nice and quiet in here, though, isn't it?
尼尔:这里很好很安静,不是吗?
Feifei: And dark.
菲菲:而且昏暗。
Neil: Do you think anyone would notice if we just...
尼尔:你觉得有人会注意到吗,如果我们...
Feifei: That's a great idea! I'll just put these two chairs together.
菲菲:这是一个好办法!我会把这两个椅子放到一起。
Neil: And I'll rest my head on this desk and...
尼尔:我会把头放在桌子上然后...
Both: Argh! Kids! Mosquitos! Is there anywhere to sleep? Argh!
一起:啊!孩子们!蚊子!还有其他睡觉的地方吗?啊!

重点单词   查看全部解释    
friendliness

想一想再看

n. 亲切;友谊;亲密

 
exaggeration [ig.zædʒə'reiʃən]

想一想再看

n. 夸张,夸大

 
wink [wiŋk]

想一想再看

n. 眨眼,使眼色,瞬间
v. 眨眼,使眼色,

 
haven ['heivn]

想一想再看

n. 港口,避难所,安息所 v. 安置 ... 于港中,

联想记忆

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。