Calling the American Embassy
打电话给美国大使馆
Kathy uses a local telephone to call the U.S. Embassy in Stockholm. An embassy official answers the phone.
凯西在斯德哥尔摩打了一通电话给当地的美国大使馆。一位大使馆官员接电话。
E:U.S. Embassy in Stockholm. How may I help you?
官员:美国驻斯德哥尔摩大使馆。有什么事需要我为你效劳的吗?
K:Hello? My name is Kathy Mannings. I'm an American citizen. I think I've lost my passport.
凯西:哈啰?我叫凯西?曼宁斯。我是美国公民。我想我的护照遗失了。
E:That's a serious problem, young lady. Are you sure you've lost it?
官员:小姐,这是一个很严重的问题。你确定你护照遗失了吗?
K:I'm afraid so. If I have lost it, what can I do?
凯西:恐怕是如此。如果我遗失护照,该怎么办呢?
E:Please look very carefully for it. It will take a lot of paperwork and time to replace your passport.
官员:麻烦你再仔细找找看。换护照需要很多书面作业,同时也要花许多时间。
K:Believe me, we're looking high and low for it.
凯西:相信我,我们现在正在四处寻找。
E:If you can't find it, you'll have to come down to the embassy to the Passport Section.You'll have to fill out forms there and pay for a replacement.
官员:如果找不到的话,你得到大使馆的护照科来。你得在那里填写表格和缴交护照换发费。
K:I have your address, but I don't know your business hours.
凯西:我有你们的地址,但是我不知道你们上班的时间。
E:The Passport Section is open on weekdays from a.m. to 5:00 p.m., and on Saturdays from 9:00 a.m. to noon.
官员:护照部门的上班时间是星期一至星期五早上九点到下午五点,星期六则从早上九点到中午。
K:Well, thanks a lot.
凯西:嗯,非常谢谢你。
E:You're welcome. And good luck!
官员:不客气。也祝你好运!