Checking the Car
检查车辆
Kathy and Evan are inside the customs building.
凯西和艾凡在海关大楼里面。
K:Gee, do you think there's any problem?
凯西:咦,你想有任何问题吗?
E:I hope not! We're not doing anything wrong. She said our papers are in order, and we're not carrying any contraband. I guess she meant what she said. They're just doing a random search.
艾凡:希望没有!我们没有做错任何事。她说我们的文件都没问题,况且我们也没有携带任何违禁品。我猜她说话算话,他们只是在做一项抽查而已。
K:I don't see anyone else's car being pulled over.
凯西:我没有看到其它人的车子被拦下来。
E:Well, we'll find out soon enough. Hey, look, Kathy! There are two officers looking through our car.
艾凡:嗯,我们很快就会知道了。嘿,凯西,瞧!有两名海关官员在检查我们的车子。
K:Are they looking in our suitcases?
凯西:他们是不是在检查我们的行李箱?
E:No, just the car. One is looking under the hood, and the other one is looking in the trunk.
艾凡:没有,只检查车子。一名海关官员检查引擎罩下面,而另外一名官员则检查后车箱。
K:Maybe they're searching for drugs. A lot of young people use drugs these days. We're from the States. Maybe they think we're drug dealers.
凯西:也许他们在搜查毒品。时下有许多年轻人嗑药。我们是美国人。也许他们认为我们是毒贩。
E:Do we look like drug dealers?
艾凡:我们看起来像是毒贩吗?
K:Who knows? Maybe they're just being careful. How long do you think they'll take?
凯西:谁知道呢?他们也许只是小心罢了。你认为他们会花多久的时间呢?
E:She said about 10 minutes. Oh, look! Now one of the officers is leaving. The other one is looking under the seats.
艾凡:她说大概十分钟左右。哦,瞧!有一名官员现在走开了。另外那个在检查车椅下面。
K:Gee, this is kind of scary.
凯西:天啊,这真有点吓人。
E:We didn't do anything wrong, so we have nothing to fear.
艾凡:我们没有做错任何事,所以没有什么好怕的。
K:Yeah, you're right. Denmark is a civilized country. We have nothing to fear.
凯西:是啊,你说的对。丹麦是一个文明国家。我们没有什么好怕的。