Checking into the Hostel
登记住宿
Evan and Kathy check into the hostel. The owner greets them.
艾凡和凯西在青年旅社登记住宿。
O:Welcome to Amsterdam. We have a very nice room with a view of the city for you. Are you interested?
老板:欢迎来到阿姆斯特丹。我们有一间很棒、可以看到市景的房间租给你们。有兴趣吗?
E:You bet, I mean, yes, ma'am, we're interested in seeing your room.
艾凡:当然,呃,女士,我的意思是我们很想看一下你说的房间。
O:I know you'll love it. Are you Americans?
老板:我知道你们会喜欢的。你们是美国人吗?
E:Yes, ma'am. From New York. We're on a trip through Europe on our own.
艾凡:是的,女士。我们是纽约人,正在做环游欧洲自助旅行。
O:You've come to the right place. There are many other young people here from all over the world. Amsterdam is very popular with young people.
老板:你们来对地方了。这里有许多其它来自世界各地的年轻人。阿姆斯特丹很受年轻人的欢迎。
E:Glad to hear that. Now, about this room...
艾凡:很高与听你这么说。现在,有关这个房间…
O:Oh! It's my favorite. A nice young couple like you just checked out of it. You're really lucky. My girls are cleaning it up just now, in fact. It's only US$25 a night.
老板:哦!这是我最喜欢的房间。一对像你们这样年轻的佳侣才刚退房。你们真的很幸运。实际上,现在女服务生正在清理房间。那间房间一个晚上只要廿五美元。
E:That's really a good price if...
艾凡:价钱相当合理,如果…
O:And we serve three meals a day here. Here's a list of the times, and here's a menu for each meal.
老板:我们这里还提供一天三餐的服务。这里有一张用餐时间表和一份三餐的菜单。
E:Uh, thanks. Now, if maybe we could just see...
艾凡:呃,谢谢。现在,我们是不是可以看……
O:So you want to see the room? It might be ready now. Come with me. I'll show it to you.
老板:你们想看房间了吗?现在也许清理好了。跟我来吧,我带你们看一看房间。