Get Ready,Set,Go!
就位、预备、出发!
After loading all their belongings, Evan and Kathy are ready to drive into Amsterdam.
艾凡和凯西把他们所有的东西放上车后,准备开车进阿姆斯特丹市。
K:I guess we're all set now. Let's go!
凯西:我想现在我们一切都已就绪。咱们这就上路!
E:Right. Now, let's see.The emergency brake is here, the turn signals work this way, here's the horn...
艾凡:好的。现在,我看一下。紧急煞车在这儿,方向灯这么打,喇叭在这儿…
K:Don't honk the horn so loud! There might be anti-noise laws here.
凯西:不要按喇叭按得那么大声!这里也许有反噪音法也说不定。
E:I'm just testing it! And...let's see...here are the lights and the high beams...
艾凡:我只是测试一下而已!还有……我看看……车灯在这儿,远灯……
K:But it's daytime. Why do you need them now?
凯西:但是现在是白天,你为什么需要灯呢?
E:I don't need them now; I want to check all the equipment before I start driving.
艾凡:现在不需要,我想在行前检查所有的装备。
K:Oh.
凯西:哦。
E:Our seat belts are fastened, the side and rearview mirrors are adjusted...I think I'll put my seat back a little further.
艾凡:安全带系上了,车两边和车内的后视镜也调好了……我想我得把我的座位往后挪一下。
K:Well, hurry up! I'm dying to get going.
凯西:嗯,快一点!我迫不及待地想出发了。
E:Safety first. Otherwise, you might really die!
艾凡:安全第一。要不然,你也许因此车祸身亡!
K:Evan Whiting! Watch what you say!
凯西:艾凡·怀特宁!注意你的言辞!
E:OK, OK, I'm only teasing. There, I guess that's everything. We have a full tank of gas; the engine is warmed up. We're off!
艾凡:好嘛,好嘛,我只是在开玩笑嘛。好了,我想就这些了。车子的油箱都加满了,引擎也暖好了。我们上路了!
K:Finally!
凯西:终于出发了!