Skinny Jeans 窄腿牛仔裤
Li: Hello everybody, I'm Yang Li and this is Authentic Real English from the BBC. 大家好,我是杨莉,您现在正在收听的是来自BBC的地道美语节目。
Tracy: And I'm Tracy. 我是特雷西。
Li: Are you ok Tracy, you sound a bit funny? 特雷西,你好吧,你的声音听说去有点好玩。
Tracy: Erm, I'm fine, it's just these jeans are a bit tight. 额,我很好,就是牛仔裤有点紧。
Li: Tracy 她说她今天穿的牛仔裤实在是太紧了。Why did you get such a tight pair? 为什么你要买这样的牛仔裤呢?
Tracy: Well, you see, skinny jeans are really fashionable right now. 嗯,你知道,窄腿牛仔裤现在很时尚。
Li: What? Skinny jeans? 什么?窄腿牛仔裤?
Tracy: Yes S.K.I.N.N.Y. skinny jeans. They're basically very tight jeans which become even tighter towards the foot. But they look great. 是的,窄腿的牛仔裤。它们基本上是沿着腿越来越贴身。但是看上去很好。
Li: 看来 Tracy 为了好看实在是吃了不少苦头。Skinny jeans 就是现在正流行的窄腿牛仔裤。这种牛仔裤穿上非常的贴身,就连小腿部分都是紧箍着的,不过这可是近几年年轻的英国青年人最为推崇的流行款式。而我们的时尚跟风大队长Tracy 当然也不例外。
Tracy: 你说什么?
Li: Ah, I'm only joking. 哈,我说着玩呢。
Example
A: Hello sir, how can I help you? 先生你好,我能为你做些什么?
B: I'm looking for a pair of skinny jeans. 我想要一个窄腿牛仔裤。
A: How about these? 这些怎么样?
B: Oh no, not skinny enough. Let's go tighter! 哦,不。我想要紧身一点的!
Tracy: So Li, you were saying I'm too old for skinny jeans... 所以,莉,我刚才说我年纪太大了不应该穿牛仔裤了……
Li: Oh no no no no... 哦,不不不……
Tracy: But you're right. They do look better on some people than others. Do you like them Li? 但是你是对的。有些人穿很好看但有些人穿并不好看。莉,你喜欢吗?
Li: I do... very much... 是的,我非常喜欢……
Tracy: Anyway, that's our phrase for today; skinny jeans. Now, let me just sit down. Oh, that's worse. I think I'll get a normal pair next time. 不管怎么样,窄腿牛仔裤这个单词是今天要学的。哦,很糟糕,我想下次还是穿正常的牛仔裤吧。
Li: Well, some people never learn. 好吧,窄腿牛仔裤对一些人来说可能不需要知道。
Tracy: But, if you want to learn some good Authentic Real English phrases, you'd better come to our website. 但是,如果你想学些地道的英语短语,欢迎来到我的网站。
Li: Our web address is www.bbcchina.com.cn. Bye for now. 我的网站地址如下。下期见。