手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语口语 > 初级口语 > 初级口语教程 > 正文

Part13:Comparison比较

编辑:alex   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  
  • 13 Comparison
  • 比较
  • Both Bob and carl will become somebody in the future.Don't you think so?
  • 鲍伯和卡尔将来都了不得,你看呢?
  • Yeah.But Bob's talent can't to be named on the same day with Carl's.
  • 不错,但是鲍伯的才智可无法与卡尔同日而语
  • But Bob is more generous and ready to help.
  • 但是鲍伯更慷慨、更乐于助人。
  • We cannot judge a man totally by that.
  • 我们可不能以此判断一个人。
  • Julia and Anne have both taken dance lessons.
  • 朱莉娅和安妮都选了舞蹈课。
  • They want to be famous dancer,I think.
  • 我想她们都想当有名的舞蹈家。
  • Yet Julia is not a patch on Anne because she's not as diligent and clever as Anne.
  • 朱莉娅根本比不上安妮,因为她的刻苦和悟性都不如安妮
  • I don't see much difference,anyway.
  • 但是我却没看出有什么差别。
  • Who's better at chess,Bill or Fred?
  • 谁的棋玩得更好一些,比尔还是弗雷德?
  • Botd are superb in their skills.
  • 两个人的棋艺都不错。
  • Anyhow,Fred is one up on Bill from my point of view.
  • 但是我认为弗雷德要略胜一筹。
  • You said it.
  • 你说对了。
  • Mary sings much better than Susan,doesn't she?
  • 玛丽比苏珊唱要好,对不对?
  • Yes.But Mary is no match for Susan in painting.
  • 是的.但是在绘画方面玛丽不是苏珊的对手.
  • Maybe it's because Susan's parents are both painters.
  • 也许是因为苏珊的父母都是画家的缘故吧。
  • Plastic bags are widely used nowadays.
  • 现在人们大量使用塑料袋。
  • But they're hard to be disposed of.
  • 但是塑料很难处理掉。
  • In this aspect,I think,pater bags have the edge on plastic bags.
  • 我认为在这方面纸袋要比塑料袋强一点儿.
  • George speaks Japannese better than Frank.
  • 乔治的日语比弗兰克说得好。
  • Yet in writing,George has nothing on Frank.
  • 但是写得不如弗兰克。
  • Therefore,I hope they could help each other and learn from each other.
  • 所以我希望他俩能命相帮助,取长补短。
  • You're going go Dresden for sightseeing?Yeah.And I'm going by bus.
  • 你要去德莱斯观光吗?不错.我要坐公共汽车去.
  • I think a train journey is as fast as a bus journey.
  • 我认为坐火车与坐汽车一样快。
  • But both my wife and I prefer taking a bus.
  • 可是我和我妻子都喜欢坐公共汽车。
  • Bob returned from Japan last week. You know that?
  • 鲍伯上周从日本回来了。知道吗?
  • Yeah.I met him yesterday.
  • 知道,我昨天遇到了他。
  • He's no longer the same young man as he was eight years ago.
  • 他可不是八年前的那个年轻人了。
  • I think so,too.
  • 我也这样认为。
  • Maria sings like a lark,doesn't she?
  • 玛丽娅的歌儿美极了。
  • Yes,she's almost equal to Celine Dion when she sings.
  • 是啊,差不多都比得上席琳.迪翁。
  • Maybe she'll make a famous singer in the future.
  • 也许将来会成为一名著名的歌唱家。
  • You can bet on that.
  • 我敢打赌她会的。
  • Yesterday I read "hamlet".Such a fantastic book!
  • 昨天我读了《王子复仇记》.真是本好书.
  • You said it.No one can match Shakespeare in artistic talent.
  • 你说对了,就艺术才能而言没人能与莎士比亚相比.
  • I do agree with you.
  • 我很赞成你的观点。
  • Do you like travelling?Yes,I do.
  • 你喜欢旅游吗?是的。
  • Do you usually travel by bus?
  • 你总是坐汽车旅行吗?
  • No,by train.I think it's much safer than bus.
  • 不,坐火车。我想火车要更安全些。
  • Mike,you're seventeen years old,right? Yeah,Why?
  • 迈克,你已经17岁了吧?是的,怎么啦?
  • You look quite mature beside your cousin who is eighteen.
  • 和你18岁的表兄比,你显得很成熟。
  • You can bet on that.
  • 你说对了。
  • I think my car can run much faster than yours.
  • 我认为我的车比你的跑得快。
  • But mine equals yours in economy. That's true.
  • 但是我的和你的一样实惠。
  • I hear Fred is a very good student in your class.
  • 听说弗雷德是你们班上非常优秀的学生。
  • Though he's not the one who can get the highest score,
  • 尽管他不是得最高成绩的人,
  • yet,on the whole,he is comparable to the best.
  • 但是总体来看他却可以和班上最好的媲美。
  • What do you mean by "on the whole"?
  • 你说的“总体”是什么意思?
  • I mean he's a stuent developing all round.
  • 我是说他是个全面发展的学生。
  • Can you tell me some of the places you've traveled to ?
  • 讲一讲你旅游过的地方好吗?
  • I've been to Paris,.Berlin,Alaska...
  • 我去过巴黎、柏林、阿拉斯加......
  • But you just can't compare the former two with Alaska.
  • 前两者可没法儿和阿拉斯加相比。
  • Who do you think is the gratest novelist in the history of English literature?
  • 你认为英国文学史上谁是最伟大的小说家?
  • Charles Dickens.Actually no one can parallel him in writing.
  • 狄更斯。事实上没人能在写作上和他相提并论。
  • I'm afraid I can't agree with you on that.
  • 恐怕我不敢苟同。
  • I like D.H.Laurence's novels better.
  • 我更喜欢D.H.劳伦斯的小说。
  • What kind of life do you perfer,city life or country life?
  • 你是喜欢农村生活还是城市生活?
  • In comparison to city life,the country life is quiet and peaceful.
  • 与城市生活相比,乡下较为宁静。
  • But it doesn't have all the modern convenience offered by the city.
  • 但是乡下没有城市提供的现代设施。
  • Yeah,I agree.Every wall has two sides.
  • 我同意这一点。凡事都是有利有弊。
  • What do you think of the acting of the two main actors in the film?
  • 你觉得电影里两个主人公的扮演者的演技怎么样?
  • I consider the hero's acting is inferior to that of the heroine's.don't you agree?
  • 我觉得男主人不如女主人公演得好.你不这样认为吗?
  • Well,I'm afraid not.I think the hero has much more to be believed in.
  • 不。我认为男的演得相当真实。
  • If one is rich,is the happy?
  • 一个人有钱就幸福吗?
  • I don't think so.It's impossible to equate wealth and happiness.
  • 我不这样认为.不可能把财富和幸福划等号。
  • Could I understand what you said as:the poorest is the happiest?
  • 我能不能理解为穷人才是最幸福的?
  • Of course not.Sometimes a poor man can be extremely miserable.
  • 当然不能。有时穷人相当悲惨。
  • Have you any idea of the prices of ruby and diamond?
  • 你知道红宝石和金刚石的价格吗?
  • I'm not very sure.but I know ruby is less valuable than diamond.
  • 不太了解.但是我认为金刚石要比红宝石贵重.
  • How do you know that? I got is from an encyclopedia.
  • 你怎么知道呢?从百乎全书上看来的。


扫描二维码进行跟读打分训练


13 Comparison
比较
A:Both Bob and carl will become somebody in the future.Don't you think so?
鲍伯和卡尔将来都了不得,你看呢?
B:Yeah.But Bob's talent can't to be named on the same day with Carl's.
不错,但是鲍伯的才智可无法与卡尔同日而语
A:But Bob is more generous and ready to help.
但是鲍伯更慷慨、更乐于助人。
B:We cannot judge a man totally by that.
我们可不能以此判断一个人。
A:Julia and Anne have both taken dance lessons.
朱莉娅和安妮都选了舞蹈课。
They want to be famous dancer,I think.
我想她们都想当有名的舞蹈家。
Yet Julia is not a patch on Anne because she's not as diligent and clever as Anne.
朱莉娅根本比不上安妮,因为她的刻苦和悟性都不如安妮
A:I don't see much difference,anyway.
但是我却没看出有什么差别。
A:Who's better at chess,Bill or Fred?
谁的棋玩得更好一些,比尔还是弗雷德?
B:Botd are superb in their skills.
两个人的棋艺都不错。
Anyhow,Fred is one up on Bill from my point of view.
但是我认为弗雷德要略胜一筹。
A:You said it.
你说对了。
A:Mary sings much better than Susan,doesn't she?
玛丽比苏珊唱要好,对不对?
B:Yes.But Mary is no match for Susan in painting.
是的.但是在绘画方面玛丽不是苏珊的对手.
A:Maybe it's because Susan's parents are both painters.
也许是因为苏珊的父母都是画家的缘故吧。
A:Plastic bags are widely used nowadays.
现在人们大量使用塑料袋。
B:But they're hard to be disposed of.
但是塑料很难处理掉。
A:In this aspect,I think,pater bags have the edge on plastic bags.
我认为在这方面纸袋要比塑料袋强一点儿.
A:George speaks Japannese better than Frank.
乔治的日语比弗兰克说得好。
B:Yet in writing,George has nothing on Frank.
但是写得不如弗兰克。
A:Therefore,I hope they could help each other and learn from each other.
所以我希望他俩能命相帮助,取长补短。
A:You're going go Dresden for sightseeing?B:Yeah.And I'm going by bus.
你要去德莱斯观光吗?不错.我要坐公共汽车去.
A:I think a train journey is as fast as a bus journey.
我认为坐火车与坐汽车一样快。
B:But both my wife and I prefer taking a bus.
可是我和我妻子都喜欢坐公共汽车。
A:Bob returned from Japan last week. You know that?
鲍伯上周从日本回来了。知道吗?
B:Yeah.I met him yesterday.
知道,我昨天遇到了他。
He's no longer the same young man as he was eight years ago.
他可不是八年前的那个年轻人了。
A:I think so,too.
我也这样认为。
A:Maria sings like a lark,doesn't she?
玛丽娅的歌儿美极了。
B:Yes,she's almost equal to Celine Dion when she sings.
是啊,差不多都比得上席琳.迪翁。
A:Maybe she'll make a famous singer in the future.
也许将来会成为一名著名的歌唱家。
B:You can bet on that.
我敢打赌她会的。
A:Yesterday I read "hamlet".Such a fantastic book!
昨天我读了《王子复仇记》.真是本好书.
B:You said it.No one can match Shakespeare in artistic talent.
你说对了,就艺术才能而言没人能与莎士比亚相比.
A:I do agree with you.
我很赞成你的观点。
A:Do you like travelling?B:Yes,I do.
你喜欢旅游吗?是的。
A:Do you usually travel by bus?
你总是坐汽车旅行吗?
B:No,by train.I think it's much safer than bus.
不,坐火车。我想火车要更安全些。
A:Mike,you're seventeen years old,right? B:Yeah,Why?
迈克,你已经17岁了吧?是的,怎么啦?
A:You look quite mature beside your cousin who is eighteen.
和你18岁的表兄比,你显得很成熟。
B:You can bet on that.
你说对了。
A:I think my car can run much faster than yours.
我认为我的车比你的跑得快。
B:But mine equals yours in economy. B:That's true.
但是我的和你的一样实惠。
A:I hear Fred is a very good student in your class.
听说弗雷德是你们班上非常优秀的学生。
B:Though he's not the one who can get the highest score,
尽管他不是得最高成绩的人,
yet,on the whole,he is comparable to the best.
但是总体来看他却可以和班上最好的媲美。
A:What do you mean by "on the whole"?
你说的“总体”是什么意思?
B:I mean he's a stuent developing all round.
我是说他是个全面发展的学生。
A:Can you tell me some of the places you've traveled to ?
讲一讲你旅游过的地方好吗?
B:I've been to Paris,.Berlin,Alaska...
我去过巴黎、柏林、阿拉斯加......
B:But you just can't compare the former two with Alaska.
前两者可没法儿和阿拉斯加相比。
A:Who do you think is the gratest novelist in the history of English literature?
你认为英国文学史上谁是最伟大的小说家?
B:Charles Dickens.Actually no one can parallel him in writing.
狄更斯。事实上没人能在写作上和他相提并论。
A:I'm afraid I can't agree with you on that.
恐怕我不敢苟同。
I like D.H.Laurence's novels better.
我更喜欢D.H.劳伦斯的小说。
A:What kind of life do you perfer,city life or country life?
你是喜欢农村生活还是城市生活?
B:In comparison to city life,the country life is quiet and peaceful.
与城市生活相比,乡下较为宁静。
A:But it doesn't have all the modern convenience offered by the city.
但是乡下没有城市提供的现代设施。
B:Yeah,I agree.Every wall has two sides.
我同意这一点。凡事都是有利有弊。
A:What do you think of the acting of the two main actors in the film?
你觉得电影里两个主人公的扮演者的演技怎么样?
B:I consider the hero's acting is inferior to that of the heroine's.don't you agree?
我觉得男主人不如女主人公演得好.你不这样认为吗?
A:Well,I'm afraid not.I think the hero has much more to be believed in.
不。我认为男的演得相当真实。
A:If one is rich,is the happy?
一个人有钱就幸福吗?
B:I don't think so.It's impossible to equate wealth and happiness.
我不这样认为.不可能把财富和幸福划等号。
A:Could I understand what you said as:the poorest is the happiest?
我能不能理解为穷人才是最幸福的?
B:Of course not.Sometimes a poor man can be extremely miserable.
当然不能。有时穷人相当悲惨。
A:Have you any idea of the prices of ruby and diamond?
你知道红宝石和金刚石的价格吗?
B:I'm not very sure.but I know ruby is less valuable than diamond.
不太了解.但是我认为金刚石要比红宝石贵重.
A:How do you know that? B: I got is from an encyclopedia.
你怎么知道呢?从百乎全书上看来的。

重点单词   查看全部解释    
encyclopedia [en.saikləu'pi:diə]

想一想再看

n. 百科全书

 
peaceful ['pi:sfəl]

想一想再看

adj. 安宁的,和平的

 
generous ['dʒenərəs]

想一想再看

adj. 慷慨的,宽宏大量的,丰盛的,味浓的

联想记忆
patch [pætʃ]

想一想再看

n. 补丁,小片
vt. 修补,补缀

 
impossible [im'pɔsəbl]

想一想再看

adj. 不可能的,做不到的
adj.

联想记忆
understand [.ʌndə'stænd]

想一想再看

vt. 理解,懂,听说,获悉,将 ... 理解为,认为<

 
rubbish ['rʌbiʃ]

想一想再看

n. 垃圾,废物,废话
v. 贬损

 
diligent ['dilidʒənt]

想一想再看

adj. 勤奋的,用功的

 
score [skɔ:]

想一想再看

n. 得分,刻痕,二十,乐谱
vt. 记分,刻

联想记忆
artistic [ɑ:'tistik]

想一想再看

adj. 艺术的

联想记忆

    阅读本文的人还阅读了:
  • Part 11:相信与怀疑 2009-07-05
  • Part12:Boredom厌烦 2009-07-06
  • Part14:Compliments恭维 2009-09-18
  • Part15:Compromise妥协 2009-09-20
  • Part16:Confusion and Misfortune 混乱与不幸 2009-09-21
  • 发布评论我来说2句

      最新文章

      可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

      每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

      添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
      添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。