11. Belief and Disbelief
11. 相信与怀疑
Disbelieving
不相信
Are you kidding?
你是在开玩笑吧?(较随便)
Peter's father bought him a new car.
彼得的父亲给他买了一辆新车。
Are you kidding?
你是在开玩笑吧。
He said he wouldn't give him a single penny after Peter got married to Jenny.
他说过,彼得和珍尼结婚后一分钱也不给他。
But they managed to persuade him somehow.
但他们最后不知怎么说服了他。
Get out of it!
别瞎说了!(较随便)
Surely you can turn to Jacob for help.
你当然可以找约伯帮忙。
Get out of it! Jacob is the last one you can rely on.
别产了。他是最不可信赖的人。
Why do you say so? B:: I've been cheated by him quite a rew times.
你为什么这么说呢?我上过他几次当了。
I don't believe a word of it.
我一点也不信。(通用)
Bill, where's the new schoolbag I bought you last week.
我上周给你买的新书包呢,迈克?
I... I forgot it in the classroom
我......,我把它忘在教室了。
I don't believe a word of it. Tell me the truth.
我一点也不信,跟我说实话。
... is incredible!
简直难以相信.....!(通用)
Michael lost $20,000 in gambling.
迈克尔赌博办理了两万元。
It's incredible! That's all he has!
简直难以相信,那可是他的全部积蓄啊。
It's really disaster to him.
这真是一场灾难。
It's too good to be true!
哪会有这样的好事啊!(通用)
You're to be appointed as Sales Manager, congratulations!
你将被任命为销售部经理了。祝贺你!
It's too good to be true. You must be kidding.
哪会有这样的好事啊,你在开玩笑吧。
It's true. It's very lucky of you.
是真的,你直是太幸运了。
You're not serious, are you?
你不是当真的,是吗?(通用)
I'm not going to work with you and go on with the experiment.
我不想和你继续搞这项实验了。
You're not serious, are you? We've cooperated very well up till now.
你不是当真的,是吗?我们一直都是合作得很好的。
Sorry. But I've already decided.
对不起,但我已决定,
It can not be changed.
不能再更改了。
That's too bad. But Why?
太糟糕了,可是为什么呢?
I can't credit...
我不能相信......。(通用)
I can't credit his account of what happened yesterday.
他讲的昨天的事我不相信。
Why?
为什么?
He seems to be talking us into believing his innocence.
他好像试图在让我们相信他是清白的。
Do you think I'd believe a story like that?
你认为我会想念这样的谎话吗?(通用)
Mike, you're late again!
迈克,你又迟到了!
My sister was ill, so I...
我妹妹病了,所以我...
Do you think I'd believe a story like that?
你认为我会想念这样的谎话吗?
Well, the truth is I overslept.
哦,其实是我睡过头了。
Don't expect me to believe you.
别指望我会相信你。(通用)
Who broke the vase, John?
约翰,谁打破了花瓶?
The cat.
是那只猫。
Don't expect me to believe you. It must either be you or Liza.
别指望我会相信你,不是你就是里兹。
It's me, dad. I'm sorry.
是我,爸爸。对不起。
I have little confidence in...
我不太信......(较正式)
It is said in the newspaper that we nust be cautious about earthquakes nowadays.
报纸上说我们最近需提防地震。
I have little confidence in what the newspapers say.
我不太信报纸提供的消息。
Why?
为什么?
They're always exaggerating things.
他们总是夸大其辞。
I don't have great belief in...
我不大相信......(较正式)
The ad says one must do exercise with their equipment to keep healthy.
广告说要想健康就得用他们的器材多锻炼。
I don't have great belief in ads.
我不太相信广告的宣传,
What they really want is to get more money from you.
他们只想多挣你的钱。
I think there's truth in what you said.
我想这话有道理。
Believing
相信
I'll take your word for it.
我相信你的话。(较随便)
Scientists say that people will be able to live on the moon in the future.
科学家们说人们在将来能够在月球上居住。
I'll take your word for it. But is it possible in our life time?
我相信你的话。但这在我们的有生之年能成为可能吗?
I'm not sure about that.
我可说不准。
I believe...
我相信......。(通用)
I believe Alex will wait for me at the gate.
我相信埃历克斯会在门口等我。
So what time did you make it?
那么你们约好什么时候见面呢?
At 9:30.
9:30。
Then you must hurry up. There's only 5 minutes left.
你必须快点,只剩五分钟了。
I can easily believe it.
我无疑相信这种说法。(通用)
People say that the sun is not the center of universe, either.
人们说太阳也不是宇宙的中心。
I can easily believe it.
我无疑相信这种说法。
Why do you say so?
你为什么这么说?
Because I know the universe is timeless and boundless.
因为我知道宇宙是没有时空限制的。
I can trust...
我能相信......。(通用)
Did you finally forgive him for not having met you at the station.
他没到车站来接你,你最后原谅他了吗?
Yeah. I can trust his explanation.
原谅了。我能相信他的解释。
What did he say?
他怎么说的?
He said his mother was ill, so he had to take her to hospital.
他说他母亲病了,他得送她去医院。
I don't doubt...
我不怀疑......。(通用)
I don't doubt that Prof. Smith will continue to teach us next term.
史密斯教授下学期会继续教我们,这事儿肯定无疑。
But I hear he's returning to his country.
但我听说他要回国了。
No, he will say for yet another year.
不,他会再呆上一年的。
That's good.
那太好了。
I feel confident of...
我相信......。(通用)
What do you think of Dr. Thompson?
你觉得汤姆森医生行吗?
I feel confident of his ability to cure my daughter's disease.
我相信他能治好我女儿的病。
How can you be so sure?
你怎么能这样肯定呢?
I can tell from the way he spoken to us.
我是从他的言谈中判断出来的。
I'm convinced of...
我对......坚信不移。(通用)
Do you think he'll be here to help us?
你认为他会来这帮助我们吗?
Yes. I'm fully convinced of his honesty.
是的。我对他的诚实坚信不移。
Oh, look! He's coming.
看呀!他来了。
I think it's believable.
我认为那是可信的。(较正式)
Richard is said to have won the gold medal for the 100-metre race yesterday.
据说理查得昨天百米赛拿了金牌。
I think it's believable. He practiced much recently.
我认为消息可信,他最近锻炼很刻苦。
Every dog has its day!
人人都有得志时啊!
I'll accept...
我相信......。(较正式)
I haven't got enough right now. I'll pay your money back next Monday.
我下周一还你钱。我现在手头不够。
I'll accept what you said.
我相信你的话。
But be sure not to delay it any more.
记着别再拖了。
You bet I won't.
放心吧,我一定不会的。
您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语口语 > 初级英语口语 > 初级口语教程 > 正文
扫描二维码进行跟读打分训练
- 阅读本文的人还阅读了:
上一篇:Part 10:争论与讨论
下一篇:Part12:Boredom厌烦