新英语900句视频版 第46课:生日聚会 文本如下:
EVERYONE: Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday, dear Ali, Happy Birthday to you.
祝你生日快乐, 祝你生日快乐, 亲爱的阿里生日快乐, 祝你生日快乐.
MRS.NIKZAD: Blow out the candles, Ali, but first make a wish.
把腊烛吹熄, 阿里, 先许个愿,
ALI: What should I wish for?
我应许什么愿?
BILL: Anything you want, but don't tell us. If you tell your wish, it won't come true.
任何你想要的都可以, 但不要告诉我们. 你的愿望如果告诉了别人, 就不会实现了.
HUSSEIN: Here comes the ice cream!
冰淇淋来了!
ALI: Wow, look at it all! Gallons and gallons of it!
哇, 大家看! 好几桶啊!
MRS.NIKZAD: You know, Mr. O'Neill, by the time we left the house, Ali had asked for ice cream at least half a dozen times. I'm glad I didn't let him have any.
鸥尼尔先生, 你可知道, 今天出门的时候, 阿里已经有六次以上要求吃冰淇淋. 我很高兴我没让他吃.
WAITER: Here you are. And here's a big spoon.
来, 这个大调羹也给你.
REPORTER: Hold it. Just like that! Now another one, Ali.
别动, 就这样子! 阿里, 再来一个.
REPORTER: Hold that spoon up.
拿着调羹.
REPORTER: Good. Thank you.
好. 谢谢.
REPORTER: I hadn't expected such a big turnout.
想不到有这么多人来.
REPORTER: Thanks for the story.
这个题材很好, 谢谢你通知我.
ALI: Who is that, Dad?
爸, 那是谁?
MR.NIKZAD: A reporter for The World's Fair Newsletter.
万国博览会通讯报的记者.
ALI: Wow! Will my picture be in the papers?
哇! 我的照片会不会登在报纸上?
MR.NIKZAD: I hope so.
我希望会.
ALI: I wish I hadn't eaten dinner last night.
我真希望我昨天晚上没有吃晚餐.
MRS.NIKZAD: Why, Ali? Don't you feel well?
为什么, 阿里? 你不舒服吗?
ALI: Oh, no! I feel fine. But I wish I had room for more ice cream.
噢, 不是! 我很好. 我只是恨不能吃更多的冰淇淋.
MRS.NIKZAD: I hope you don't get sick.
我希望你不会吃坏肚子.
ALI: I won't. But even if I do, I won't be sorry.
不会的啦. 但是就算吃坏了肚子 我也不会后悔的.
HUSSEIN: I wish I had known about this place for my birthday. Ali, open your presents. Here's one from Mr. Yamamoto.
我上次过生日的时候, 如果知道有这个地方, 多好. 阿里, 拆开你的礼物. 是山本先生送的.
ALI: OK. Wow! A baseball and a bat. Gee, thank you, Mr. Yamamoto.
好. 哇! 是一个棒球和一支球棒! 谢谢您, 山本先生.
HUSSEIN: Here's one from Mr. O'Neill. I wonder if it's a giant ice cream sandwich!
这个是欧尼尔先生送的. 你看会不会是一个巨大的冰淇淋三明治!
ALI: Oh, boy!
噢, 老天!
ALI: I wish it were my birthday every day!
我真希望天天过生日!
MR.NIKZAD: I'm glad it's not.
我真高兴不是.