SCENE② F 唐跟柔丝说话 然后回来
【她约的人一直没来】
Herbert: She thinks I'm a 1) geek, right? Look, she's leaving.
赫伯特: 她觉得我是只爱玩电脑的怪物,对吧?你看,她要走了。
Don: Her date never showed up. Anyway, you're got a second chance.
唐: 她约的人一直没来。总而言之--你有第二次机会了。
Herbert: What do you mean?
赫伯特: 什么意思?
Don: I told her you love music and the piano. You're just 2) shy.
唐: 我告诉她你喜欢音乐和钢琴。你只是害羞而已。
Herbert: Did she believe you?
赫伯特: 她相信你吗?
Don: Looks that way. She 3) agreed to teach you, starting next Monday.
唐: 看来是这样。她答应教你,下星期一开始。
Herbert: What? Me? Oh, no, no, no.
赫伯特: 什么?我?噢!不,不,不行!
Don: Here's the address, and the time. Good luck, 4) Romeo.
唐: 这是她的地址,还有上课时间。祝你好运,罗密欧。
语言详解
A: The weather conditions are optimal today.
今天的天气非常理想。
B: I agree. Let's go fly a kite.
我同意。我们去放风筝。
【show up 现身】
show up是指“出现,现身”的意思。
A: Let's meet him at the railway station at the appointed time.
我们在指定的时间到车站去和他碰面好了。
B: What if he doesn't show up?
要是他到时候没来怎么办?
B句是另一人担心会等不到人的问法。
1) geek (n.) 电脑玩家,只懂电脑的怪人
2) shy (a.) 害羞的
3) agree to... 同意(做什么事)
4) Romeo (n.) 罗密欧。出自莎士比亚的《罗密欧与茱丽叶》,在这里表示多情的男人。