LESSON 8 VISITING A SOFTWARE COMPANY
Dashan: Hello, I have an appointment with Mr Parker. My name is Dashan.
大山:你好,我约好要见帕克先生,我叫大山。
Receptionist: Mr Parker. Mr Dashan is here.
接待员:帕克先生,大山先生到了。
Glen: Dashan, long time no see.
格伦:大山,好久不见了。
Dashan: Hi, Glen. It's good to see you again. Glen, I'd like you to meet my friends Su Rumei and Li Yunbo. This is my old friend, Glen Parker.
大山:你好,格伦。 再次见到你我很高兴。 格伦,我来向你介绍一下我的朋友苏如梅和李云波。如梅,云波,这是我的老朋友格伦·帕克。
Glen: Pleased to meet you.
格伦:见到你们我很高兴。
Rumei: We're pleased to meet you, too, Mr. Parker.
如梅:见到你我们也很高兴, 帕克先生。
Glen: Please call me Glen.
格伦:请管我叫格伦吧。
Rumei: Okay, Glen. And please call us Rumei and Yunbo.
如梅:请管我们叫如梅、云波吧。
Glen: Are you enjoying your visit to Canada?
格伦:你们在加拿大过得愉快吗?
Rumei: Yes, we are. We're visiting many parts of your country. Dashan is an excellent guide.
如梅:很愉快,我们走访了贵国的很多地方。大山是个好向导。
Yunbo: Oh, this office is beautiful. It's so spacious.
云波:啊,这办公室非常漂亮,特别宽敞。
Glens: Thanks. We moved into this space about a year ago. Our other office was too small. It wasn't big enough to accommodate our staff.
格伦:谢谢。我们是大约一年前搬到这里来的。原来的办公室太小了,不够我们的员工用。
Yunbo: How many people work at Capital Electronics?
云波:首都电子公司有多少雇员?
Glen: About 25. And we're planning to hire another five people next month. Why don't we move into the boardroom? It's straight ahead.
格伦:二十五名左右。 我们计划在下个月新增五人。我们到会议室去吧。就在前面。
Yunbo: Sure.
云波:好的。
Glen: Could I get you something to drink?
格伦:需要喝点什么?
Rumei: No thanks, I'm fine.
如梅:我不要,谢谢。
Yunbo: I'm okay, thanks.
云波:我也不用,谢谢。
Warwick: Glen, are these your friends from China?
沃里克:格伦,这是你从中国来的朋友吗?
Glen: Yes, Sharon. Come in, please. Su Rumei, Li Yunbo and Dashan, I'd like to introduce you to our president, Sharon Warwick.
格伦:是的,莎伦,请进来。苏如梅,李云波,大山,我来介绍一下我们公司的总裁莎伦·沃里克。
Yunbo: How do you do, Ms Warwick?
云波:沃里克女士,您好!
Warwick: I'm so delighted to meet you. Could you pronounce your names for me again?
沃里克:见到你们我非常高兴。请把你们的名字再给我说一遍好吗?
Rumei: Surely, LI YUNBO, DASHAN, SU RUMEI.
如梅:当然可以。李-云-波,大-山,苏-如-梅
Warwick: Su Rumei, Li Yunbo, Dashan.
沃里克:苏如梅,李云波,大山。
Yunbo: Right. Your pronunciation in Chinese is very good.
云波:对,您的汉语发音很好。
Glen: Sharon, you're taking Chinese conversation lessons, aren't you?
格伦:莎伦,你现在正学汉语口语,是不是?
Warwick: Yes, but I don't know how to carry on a conversation in Chinese. Yet.
沃里克:对,可是我不会用汉语与人交谈,现在还不会。
Dashan: Capital Electronics is doing very well, isn't it?
大山:首都电子公司发展很不错,是不是?
Warwick: Well, we aren't the biggest software company in Canada, but we try very hard to produce good products.
沃里克:哦,我们公司在加拿大算不上最大的软件开发公司,但是我们在尽全力生产高质量的产品。
Dashan: Do you sell a lot of computer softwares to the United States?
大山:你们向美国出口很多软件吗?
Glen: Not any more. We aren't concentrating on the American market these days. We're focusing on the Asian market.
格伦:不,现在已经变了。现在我们的重点已经不放在美国的市场,而是放在亚洲市场。
Yunbo: Are you doing any business in China?
云波:你们在中国有业务吗?
Warwick: Yes, we are. As a matter of fact, we're working on a joint venture now. We're developing some new software for China.
沃里克:有,实际上我们现在正在筹备一家合资公司。我们现在正为中国开发一个新软件。
Yunbo: That's interesting. What kind of software are you developing?
云波:这真令人感兴趣。你们在开发什么样的软件?
Glen: Software for Chinese banks and other financial institutions.
格伦:为中国的银行及金融机构开发软件。
Warwick: Please excuse me, I have to go now. Enjoy the rest of your stay in Canada. It was a pleasure to meet you.
沃里克:请原谅,我得走了。祝你们余下的加拿大之旅顺利。见到你们我很高兴。
Rumei: It was OUR pleasure.
如梅:我们很高兴见到了您。
Glen: Would you like to meet a few other members of our team?
格伦:你们愿意见一见我们这儿的其他人吗?
Dashan & Rumei: Yes/Certainly.
大山&如梅:当然啦。
Glen: Just leave your coats here.
格伦:把衣服就放在这里吧。