So now, I want you to discuss the lesson we've just been watching on the video and think about the ways in which origami can be a useful educational tool.
现在,我想让和你讨论我们刚刚在视频中看到的课,并思考折纸是如何成为一种有用的教育工具的。
Can you all work with the person sitting next to you?
你们能和坐在你旁边的人一起做吗?
I had no idea that such a simple thing like folding squares of paper to make the shape of something like a bird could be such an amazing tool.
我没有想到用方形纸叠成小鸟的形状。如此简单,却会是一个这么令人惊叹的工具。
It's made me see origami in a whole new light.
这让我对折纸有了全新的认识。
I know.
我明白。
It was interesting to see the educational skills the children were developing by doing origami.
看到孩子们通过做折纸来发展教育技能是很有趣的。
On the video you could see them really listening hard to make sure they did all the steps in the right order to make the bird.
在视频中,你可以看到他们非常认真地听着,以确保他们全部用正确的步骤来制作这只鸟。
That's right.
没错。
In this lesson, they were working individually but it would also be interesting to see if the children could work out how to make something simple without being given any direction.
在这节课中,他们是单独学习的,但看看孩子们是否在没有任何指导的情况下做一些简单的事情,这也是很有趣的。
That would help with building teamwork as well.
这也将有助于建立团队合作。
Yes, but much more of a challenge.
是的,但更具挑战性。
One thing that really stood out for me was that the children were all having fun while being taught something new.
真正让我印象深刻的一件事是,孩子们在学习新东西的同时都玩得很开心。
Which is a key aim of any lesson with this age group.
这是这个年龄段的任何课程的关键目标。
And although these kids had no problems with folding the paper, with younger children you could do origami to help practise fine motor skills.
虽然这些孩子在折纸方面没有问题,但对于年龄较小的孩子来说,折纸可以帮助他们练习精细动作技能。
Absolutely.
一点儿没错。
Shall we talk about the individual children we saw on the video?
我们可以谈谈我们在视频中看到的个别孩子吗?
I wrote all their names down and took some notes.
我把他们的名字都写了下来,还做了一些笔记。
Yes, I did too.
是的,我也是。
OK, good.
好的,很好。
Let's start with Sid.
让我们从西德开始。
He was interesting because before they started doing the origami, he was being quite disruptive.
他很有趣,因为在开始做折纸之前,他的破坏性很大。
Yes.
是的
He really benefited from having to use his hands.
他必须使用双手,这对他有好处。
It helped him to settle down and start concentrating.
这帮助他安定下来并开始集中注意力。
Yes, I noticed that too.
是的,我也注意到了。
What about Jack?
杰克呢?
I noticed he seemed to want to work things out for himself.
我注意到他似乎想自己解决问题。
Mmm.
嗯.
You could see him trying out different things rather than asking the teacher for help.
你可以看到他尝试不同的事情,而不是向老师寻求帮助。
What did you make of Naomi?
你对娜奥米有何看法?
She seemed to be losing interest at one point but then she decided she wanted her mouse to be the best and that motivated her to try harder.
她似乎一度失去了兴趣,但后来她决定希望她的老鼠是最好的,这激励她更加努力。
She didn't seem satisfied with hers in the end, though.
不过,她最终似乎并不满意。
No.
是的,并不。
Anya was such a star.
阿尼亚就是个明星。
She listened so carefully and then produced the perfect bird with very little effort.
她仔细地听,然后毫不费力地做出了一只完美的鸟。
Mmm....I think the teacher could have increased the level of dificulty for her.
嗯...我认为老师可以给她提高难度。
Emm..Maybe.
嗯...也许吧。