Now, the aim of your work placement is to give you the opportunity to develop the skills that an events manager needs. So, let's talk about those a bit.
你实习工作的目的是让你有机会提升作为活动经理所需的技能。所以,让我们来谈谈这些。
Well, I think my communication skills are pretty good.
嗯,我觉得我的沟通能力还不错。
I can talk on the phone to people and book venues and that kind of thing.
我可以和人们通电话,订场地等等。
Good–just remember it isn't only about what you say.
很好。记住这不仅仅和你说话的内容有关。
If you meet someone face-to-face and want to persuade them to be a sponsor, for example…
例如,如果你与某人面对面地交谈,并想说服他们成为赞助商时……
Oh, I'll dress up for that! Sure.
哦,我会打扮得体!肯定的。
Good. Let's go on to think about your organisational skills.
很好。让我们继续考虑一下你的组织能力。
You're working in a very people-based industry and that means things won't always go to plan.
你在一个以人为本的行业工作,这意味着事情并不总会按计划进行。
I guess it's being prepared to make changes that matters.
我想能够随时准备做出改变很重要。
That's right. You may have to make an on-the-spot change to a timetable because of a problem you hadn't anticipated…
没错。由于一个你没有预料到的问题,你可能不得不当场更改时间表,
…just do it! OK.
……那就直接改!好的。
How's your time management these days?
最近你的时间管理得怎么样?
I'm working on it–I'm certainly better when I have a deadline, which is why this work suits me.
我正在努力。当有最后期限的时候,我肯定会更好,这就是这项工作适合我的原因。
Yes, but it's how you respond as that deadline approaches!
是的,但随着最后期限的临近,你的反应很重要!
I know I've got to look calm even if I'm in a panic.
我知道,即使我惊慌失措,我也得保持冷静。
Just think to yourself–no one must know I'm under pressure.
在心里告诉自己,没人必须知道我有压力。
Yeah–even though I'm multi-tasking like crazy!
是的,尽管我疯狂地同时处理多项任务!
Another skill that events managers need is creativity.
活动经理需要的另一项技能是创造力。
Often your client has what we call the 'big picture' idea, but it's up to the events manager to think of all the fine points that go to making it work.
通常情况下,你的客户都有我们所说的‘大局观’理念,但要想让它发挥作用,所有的细节都要由活动经理来考虑。
Right, so I need to listen carefully to that idea and then fill in all the gaps.
是的,所以我需要认真倾听,然后填补所有空白。
That's right. And you'll have a team working under you, so another key skill is leadership.
没错。你会有一个团队在你手下工作,所以另一个关键技能是领导力。
Your team may have lots of ideas too, but you've got to make the ultimate choices.
你的团队成员可能也有很多想法,但你必须做出最终的选择。
Do we have refreshments inside or out, for example?
例如,我们是在里面还是在外面吃点心?
Isn't it better to be democratic?
民主不是更好吗?
It's a nice idea, but you have the ultimate responsibility.
这是个好主意,但你有最终的责任。
So, believe in what you think best. Be prepared to say 'yes', that's a good idea but it won’t work here.
所以,相信你认为的最好的。随时准备说‘是的’是个好主意,但在这里行不通。
I see what you mean. What about the networking side of things?
我明白你的意思了。人际关系方面呢?
I know it's an area that a lot of students worry about because we don't have much experience to offer others.
我知道这是很多学生担心的一个领域,因为我们没有太多经验可以提供给其他人。
But even without it–you can still be an interesting person with useful ideas. And the more people you impress, the better.
但即使没有经验,你仍然可以成为一个有着有用想法且有趣的人。能够给越多的人留下好印象,结果就越好。
I guess that will help me when I apply for a real job.
我想这对我申请一份真正的工作会有帮助。
Exactly–think ahead–remember what your ambitions are and keep them in mind.
确实如此,要有前瞻意识。记住你的抱负是什么,并牢记在心。
Definitely.
当然。