Hello Dr Green–I'm here to talk to you about my work placement.
您好,格林博士,我是来跟您谈谈我的工作实习的。
Oh yes, it's Holly, isn't it?
哦,好的,你是霍莉,对吗?
Yes.
是的。
So, which work placement have you chosen?
那么,你选择了什么实习项目?
I decided to go for the Orion Stadium placement.
我决定去猎户座体育场实习。
The event I'll be managing is one where I'm helping to set up a sports competition for primary school children.
我要负责的活动是帮助举办小学生体育比赛。
Yup. That's always a popular placement–even though it can be tougher than you think working with children.
是的。这一直是一个受欢迎的实习项目,虽然它可能比你想象中的与儿童共处类的工作更难。
I know, but it's the fresh air that attracts me–organising something indoors doesn't have the same appeal, even though it might be fun.
我知道,但吸引我的是新鲜空气,在室内组织活动没有同样的吸引力,虽然它可能很有趣。
OK, so obviously safety's going to be one of your key concerns for this event.
好的,很明显,安全将是你在这次活动中最关心的问题之一。
Yes, I've already thought about that. I'll need to make sure none of the equipment's damaged.
是的,我已经考虑过了。我要确保所有设备都没有损坏。
Ah well, you'll be working with schools, so the equipment will be their responsibility.
你将与学校合作,所以设备将由他们负责。
However, the grounds and what goes on there will be yours.
然而,比赛场地和场地内发生的事情将归你管。
Oh I see–that'll include keeping everyone within the boundary once they're in their kit and on the field?
哦,我明白了。其中包括让每个人在他们都穿好装备上场后都待在场地之内?
Exactly–you'll need to inspect areas like changing rooms as well for anything someone can trip over, but your main priority will be not to lose anyone!
没错。你还需要检查更衣室之类的地方,看看有没有人会绊倒,但你的首要任务是不要丢下任何人!
Right. I'll need staff to help with that.
好的。我需要工作人员帮忙。
And don't forget about the spectators.
别忘了还有观众。
Mmm. I was thinking that many of them will be parents, who could help run the event.
嗯。我在想,他们中的许多人都是家长,他们可以在这次活动帮上忙。
I wouldn't rely on that. They'll be more interested in filming their children than volunteering.
我不会指望学生家长的。他们更感兴趣的是拍摄自己的孩子,而不是做志愿者。
I'll need to make sure they don't interfere with events doing that!
我需要确保他们的拍摄不会干扰活动!
And that's not always easy, especially when a proud parent's trying to get a snap of their child and you want them to move elsewhere.
这并不总是那么容易,尤其是当一位自豪的父亲或母亲试图给他们的孩子拍照,而你想让他们挪到其他地方的时候。
OK. What about the scheduling?
好的。日程安排呢?
With sporting events there are all sorts of things that can alter the timetable–like rain, for instance–though so far, we've always been lucky with that.
各种各样的事情可能会改变体育赛事的时间表,比如下雨,但是到目前为止,我们一直很幸运。
Yeah, and I was thinking about what to do if someone got hurt as well.
是的,我在想如果有人也受伤了该怎么办。
I know that last year that caused a terrible delay.
我知道去年因为有人受伤造成了严重的延误。
You have to be prepared for such things.
你必须为这些事情做好准备。
Oh. What if a match ends in a draw–do you let the teams keep going until someone wins?
哦。如果一场比赛以平局结束,你会让球队继续比赛直到有人获胜吗?
That'll be up to you–and again, you need to plan for it.
这取决于你。再说一遍,你需要为之做好计划。
Right.
好的。