Now the only time I went to Ireland it rained practically every day.
到现在我只去过爱尔兰一次,几乎每天都下雨。
Mmm yes–that can be a problem–but you can surf in the rain, you know.
嗯,是的,这可能是个问题,但你知道,你可以在雨中冲浪。
It doesn't have the same appeal, somehow.
不知何故,雨天冲浪并没有那么有吸引力。
Well, the weather's been fine the last couple of years when I've been there, but actually, it tends to rain more in August than in the spring or autumn.
嗯,几年前我去那里的时候天气一直很好,但实际上,8月份的降雨量往往比春季或秋季多。
September is my favourite month because the water is warmer then.
九月是我最喜欢的月份,因为那时水比较暖。
The only problem is that the kids are back to school then.
唯一的问题是,那时孩子们已经回到学校了。
I know. But one good thing about Irish summers is that it doesn't get too hot.
我知道。但爱尔兰夏天有一个优点,那就是天气不会太热。
The average temperature is about 19 degrees and it usually doesn't go above 25 degrees.
平均气温约为19度,通常不会超过25度。
That sounds alright. Now what about costs?
听起来不错。那么花费呢?
Surfing is a pretty cheap holiday really–the only cost is the hire of equipment.
冲浪真的是一种很便宜的度假方式,唯一的花费就是租用设备。
You can expect to pay a daily rate of about 30 euros for the hire of a wetsuit and board–but you can save about 40 euros if you hire by the week.
租用潜水服和冲浪板的费用预计每天约为30欧元,但如果按周租用,可以节省约40欧元。
That's not too bad.
还不错。
No. It's important to make sure you get good quality wetsuits–you'll all get too cold if you don't. And make sure you also get boots.
是的。重要的是要确保你有高质量的潜水衣。如果没有的话,会觉得太冷。还要确保你也有靴子。
They keep your feet warm and it's easier to surf with them on too.
它们能让你的脚保持温暖,而且穿着它们冲浪也更容易。
OK. Well, thanks very much…
好的,非常感谢……