Did you make notes while you were watching the performances of Romeo and Juliet, Gemma?
杰玛,你在看《罗密欧与朱丽叶》表演的时候做笔记了吗?
Yes, I did. I found it quite hard though. I kept getting too involved in the play.
是的,我做笔记了。不过,我觉得边看边记很难。我看表演的时候太投入了。
Me too. I ended up not taking notes. I wrote down my impressions when I got home.
我也是。我最后没有做笔记。我回到家后写下了我的感想。
Do you mind if I check a few things with you? In case I've missed anything.
你介意我和你核对一些细节吗?以防万一我落下了什么。
And I've also got some questions about our assignment.
另外,关于我们的任务我还有一些问题。
No, it's good to talk things through. I may have missed things too.
没问题,最好把细节聊清楚。我可能也落下了一些内容。
OK great. So first of all, I'm not sure how much information we should include in our reviews.
好的,那太好了。首先,我不确定我们应该在评论中包含多少信息。
Right. Well, I don't think we need to describe what happens.
嗯。我认为我们不需要描述发生了什么。
Especially as Romeo and Juliet is one of Shakespeare's most well-known plays.
尤其是关于《罗密欧与朱丽叶》,因为它是莎士比亚最著名的戏剧之一。
Yeah, everyone knows the story. In an essay we'd focus on the poetry and Shakespeare's use of imagery etc. , but that isn't really relevant in a review.
是的,每个人都知道这个故事。在论文中,我们将会重点讨论诗歌和莎士比亚对意象的使用等内容,但在评论中这些内容真的不太相关。
We're supposed to focus on how effective this particular production is.
我们应该关注这部特殊作品的效果和影响。
Mmm. We should say what made it a success or a failure.
嗯。我们应该讨论影响它成功或失败的因素。
And part of that means talking about the emotional impact the performance had on us. I think that's important.
这也就意味着要谈论表演对我们情感上的影响。我认为这很重要。
Yes. And we should definitely mention how well the director handled important bits of the play–like when Romeo climbs onto Juliet's balcony.
是的。我们当然应该提到导演对剧中重要情节的处理有多好,比如罗密欧爬上朱丽叶的阳台那一场。
And the fight between Mercutio and Tybalt.
还有马库西奥和提伯特之间的战斗。
Yes. It would also be interesting to mention the theatre space, how the director used it but I don't think we'll have space in 800 words.
是的。讨论剧场空间以及导演对空间的利用也会很有趣,但我认为我们800字的评论写不下这些内容。
No. OK. That all sounds quite straightforward.
确实不够。刚才的讨论结果听起来非常清楚了。