Hello, Jane Fairbanks speaking.
你好,我是简·费尔班克斯。
Oh, good morning. My name's Frank Pritchard. I've just retired and moved to Southoe.
哦,早上好。我叫弗兰克·普里查德。我刚退休,搬到了索索。
I'd like to become a volunteer, and I gather you co-ordinate voluntary work in the village.
我想成为一名志愿者,我了解到你们负责协调村里的志愿者工作。
That's right.
没错。
What sort of thing could I do?
我能做些什么呢?
Well, we need help with the village library.
嗯,我们需要人来协助处理村里图书馆的工作。
We borrow books from the town library, and individuals also donate them.
我们从镇图书馆借书,也接受个人捐赠。
So, one thing you could do is get involved in collecting them–if you've got a car, that is.
所以,你可以做的一件事就是参与收书,如果你有车的话。
Yes, that's no problem.
好的,没问题。
The times are pretty flexible so we can arrange it to suit you.
时间很灵活,我们可以根据你的情况来安排。
Another thing is the records that we keep of the books we're given, and those we borrow and need to return to the town library.
另一件事是我们会记录我们收到的书,借来的书和需要归还给镇上图书馆的书。
It would be very useful to have another person to help keep them up to date.
如果能有另外一个人来帮忙更新记录就太好了。
Right. I'm used to working on a computer–I presume they're computerised?
好的。我习惯于用电脑工作,我猜更新记录是在电脑上操作的吧?
Oh yes.
哦,是的。
Is the library purpose-built? I haven't noticed it when I've walked round the village.
图书馆是专门建造的吗?我在村子里散步的时候都没有注意到它。
No, we simply have the use of a room in the village hall, the West Room. It's on the left as you go in.
不是的,我们只是使用了村庄大厅里的一个房间——西边的房间。你进去之后左手边就是。
I must go and have a look inside the hall.
我得去大厅里看看。
Yes, it's a nice building.
是的,那是一栋漂亮的建筑。
Do you run a lunch club in the village for elderly people? I know a lot of places do.
你们为村里的老年人开设午餐俱乐部吗?我知道很多地方都有。
Yes, we have a very successful club.
是的,我们有一个非常成功的俱乐部。
I could help with transport, if that's of any use.
如果用得上的话,我可以在运输上帮忙。
Ooo definitely. People come to the club from neighbouring villages, and we're always in need of more drivers.
哦,当然。人们从邻近的村庄来到俱乐部,我们总是需要更多的司机。
And does the club have groups that focus on a particular hobby, too?
俱乐部也有针对某一特定爱好的小组吗?
I could get involved in one or two, particularly if there are any art groups.
我可以参加一两个,尤其是如果有艺术小组的话。
Excellent. I'll find out where we need help and get back to you.
太棒了。我会找找我们需要帮助的地方,然后再联系你。
Fine. What about help for individual residents. Do you arrange that at all?
好的。对个别居民的帮助呢?你们有安排吗?
Yes, we do it as a one-off. In fact, there's Mrs Carroll.
是的,我们提供一次性帮助。事实上,卡罗尔夫人需要帮助。
She needs a lift to the hospital next week, and we're struggling to find someone.
她下周需要搭便车去医院,我们正在努力找人。
When's her appointment?
她预约的是什么时候?
On Tuesday. It would take the whole morning.
星期二。要花一上午的时间。
I could do that.
我可以送她去。
Oh, that would be great. Thank you. And also, next week, we're arranging to have some work done to Mr Selsbury's house before he moves, as he isn't healthy enough to do it himself.
哦,那太好了。谢谢。另外,我们计划下周在塞尔斯伯里先生搬家前整理一下他的房子,因为他的身体不太好,自己没法整理。
We've got some people to decorate his kitchen, but if you could do some weeding in his garden, that would be wonderful.
我们要找人来装饰他的厨房,但如果你能给他的花园除草,那就太好了。
OK. I'd enjoy that. And presumably the day and time are flexible.
好的。我很乐意。我猜日期和时间是灵活的吧。
Oh yes. Just say when would suit you best, and we'll let Mr Selsbury know.
哦,是的。你只需告诉我们你什么时间方便,我们再告诉塞尔斯伯里先生。
Good.
好的。