Hello?
您好?
Oh hello. I was hoping to speak to Jack Fitzgerald about renting a cottage.
哦,您好。我想找下杰克·菲茨杰拉德聊一下有关租赁木屋的事情。
I'm his wife, Shirley, and we own the cottages together, so I'm sure I can help you.
我是他的妻子,雪莉,我们都是木屋的主人,所以我相信我也能帮助你。
Great. My name's Tom. Some friends of ours rented Granary Cottage from you last year, and they thought it was great. So my wife and I are hoping to come in May for a week.
太好了。我叫汤姆。我们的一些朋友去年从您那里租了格兰纳瑞木屋,他们都觉得房子很棒。因此,我和我的妻子都想在5月份去那里住一周。
What date did you have in mind?
你打算租房的日期是?
The week beginning the 14th, if possible.
如果可能的话,从14日开始,租一周。
I'll just check... I'm sorry, Tom, it's already booked that week. It's free the week beginning the 28th, though, for seven nights.
我来查一下,对不起,汤姆,那一周都已经被预定了。不过,从28日开始的那一周7晚都是空房。
In fact, that's the only time you could have it in May.
事实上,这是你在5月能订到房的唯一一周了。
Oh. Well, we could manage that, I think. We'd just need to change a couple of things. How much would it cost?
哦,好吧。我想我们可以想办法调整时间。我们只需要调整安排一些事情。费用是多少呢?
That's the beginning of high season, so it'd be 550 pounds for the week.
这个时间正是旺季开始的时候,所以一周的费用是550英镑。
Ah. That's a bit more than we wanted to pay, I'm afraid. We've budgeted up to 500 pounds for accommodation.
哦。恐怕这比我们预想的费用要高一点。我们的住宿预算最高为500英镑。
Well, we've just finished converting another building into a cottage, which we're calling Chervil Cottage.
嗯,我们刚刚把另一栋房子改造成了木屋,名字叫雪维木屋。
Sorry? What was that again?
请再说一遍,叫什么名字?
Chervil. C-H-E-R-V for Victor I-L.
雪维。拼写是C-H-E-R-V,Victor的V,I-L。
Oh, that's a herb, isn't it?
哦,那是一种香草的名字,不是吗?
That's right. It grows fairly wild around here. You could have that for the week you want for 480 pounds.
没错。雪维菜在这里长势凶猛。同样的一周您预订的话价格是480英镑。
OK. So could you tell me something about it, please?
好的。您能告诉我一些关于它的信息吗?
Of course. The building was built as a garage. It's a little smaller than Granary Cottage.
当然了。这座房子原本想建成车库。它比格兰纳瑞木屋小一点。
So that must sleep two people, as well?
那它能容得下两个人睡觉吗?
That's right. There's a double bedroom.
可以。有一间双人卧室。
Does it have a garden?
它有花园吗?
Yes, you get to it from the living room through French doors, and we provide two deckchairs.
是的,从客厅穿过落地窗就到花园了,我们提供两把帆布躺椅。
We hope to build a patio in the near future, but I wouldn't like to guarantee it'll be finished by May.
我们希望能够在未来建一个露台,但我不能保证能够在5月份之前完工。
OK.
好的。
The front door opens onto the old farmyard, and parking isn't a problem - there's plenty of room at the front for that.
该木屋的前门对着一个旧农家场院,停车不是问题,门前有足够的停车空间。
There are some trees and potted plants there.
门前还有一些树和盆栽。