How are you getting on with your art project, Tom?
汤姆,你的艺术项目进行得怎么样了?
OK. Like, they gave us the theme of birds to base our project on, and I'm not really all that interested in wildlife.
还不错,他们给了我们一个以鸟类为主题的项目,而我对野生动物并不是很感兴趣。
But I'm starting to get into it.
但我现在开始沉迷其中了。
I've pretty well finished the introductory stage.
我已经很好地完成了开始阶段。
So have I. When they gave us all those handouts with details of books and websites to look at, I was really put off, but the more I read, the more interested I got.
我也是。当他们发给我们那些包含书和网站详细信息的讲义时,我真的很反感,但我读得越多,我就越感兴趣。
Me too. I found I could research so many different aspects of birds in art - colour, movement, texture.
我也是。我发现我可以从艺术角度研究鸟类的许多不同方面——颜色、动作、纹理。
So I was looking forward to the Bird Park visit.
所以我很期待参观鸟类公园。
What a letdown! It poured with rain and we hardly saw a single bird.
真令人失望!天下着倾盆大雨,我们几乎看不到一只鸟。
Much less use than the trip to the Natural History Museum.
比起自然史博物馆之旅,用处小多了。
Yeah. I liked all the stuff about evolution there.
是的。我喜欢那里所有关于进化的东西。
The workshop sessions with Dr Fletcher were good too, especially the brainstorming sessions.
弗莱彻博士的研讨会也很好,尤其是头脑风暴的部分。
I missed those because I was ill.
我错过了,因为我病了。
I wish we could've seen the projects last year's students did.
我希望我们能看到去年的学生所做的项目。
Mm. I suppose they want us to do our own thing, not copy.
嗯。我想他们是想让我们自己做,而不是抄袭。
Have you drafted your proposal yet?
你的提案起草好了吗?
Yes, but I haven't handed it in. I need to amend some parts.
是的,但是我还没有交。我需要修改一些内容。
I've realised the notes from my research are almost all just descriptions, I haven't actually evaluated anything. So I'll have to fix that.
我意识到我的研究笔记几乎都只是描述,我没有真正评估过任何东西。所以我要修改一下。
Oh, I didn't know we had to do that. I'll have to look at that too. Did you do a timeline for the project?
哦,我不知道我们必须这么做。我也得看看。你为这个项目制定时间表了吗?
Yes, and a mind map.
是的,还有思维导图。
Yeah, so did I. I quite enjoyed that. But it was hard having to explain the basis for my decisions in my action plan.
是的,我也是。我很喜欢这样做。但要在行动计划中解释我的决定的基础是很难的。
What?
什么?
You know, give a rationale.
你知道,给出一个理由。
I didn't realise we had to do that. OK, I can add it now.
我不知道我们必须这么做。好的,我现在把它加进去。
And I've done the video diary presentation, and worked out what I want my outcome to be in the project.
我已经完成了视频日记演示,并弄清楚了我希望在这个项目中得到的结果。
Someone told me it's best not to be too precise about your actual outcome at this stage, so you have more scope to explore your ideas later on.
有人告诉我,在这个阶段最好不要对你的实际结果过于精确,这样以后你就有更多的空间来探索你的想法。
So I'm going to go back to my proposal to make it a bit more vague.
因此,我会把我的提案改得更加模糊。
Really? OK, I'll change that too then.
真的吗?好的,那我也改一改。