Now Carly, that's my older daughter, has just had her seventh birthday, so presumably she'd be in a different group?
卡莉,我的大女儿,刚刚过完她的七岁生日,所以她大概会在不同的小组里吧?
Yes, she'd be in the Junior Engineers. That's for children from six to eight.
是的,她会在初级工程组。这是为6岁到8岁的儿童设计的。
And do they do the same sorts of activities?
他们也做同样类型的活动吗?
Some are the same, but a bit more advanced.
有些是相同的,但会更高阶一些。
So they work out how to build model vehicles, things like cars and trucks, but also how to construct animals using the same sorts of material and technique, and then they learn how they can program them and make them move.
他们研究如何制造汽车模型,比如汽车和卡车,以及如何使用相同的材料和技术制造动物,然后他们学习如何对它们进行编程,并让它们移动。
So they learn a bit of coding?
所以他们会学一点儿编码?
They do. They pick it up really quickly. We're there to help if they need it, but they learn from one another too.
是的。他们真的很快就能学会。如果他们需要帮助,我们会提供帮助,但他们也会相互学习。
Right. And do they have competitions too?
没错。他们也有比赛吗?
Yes, with the Junior Engineers, it's to use recycled materials like card and wood to build a bridge, and the longest one gets a prize.
是的,初级工程师组使用卡片和木头等可回收材料建造一座桥,最长的桥会获奖。
That sounds fun. I wouldn't mind doing that myself!
听起来很有趣。我不介意自己也参加!
Then they have something a bit different, which is to think up an idea for a five-minute movie and then film it, using special animation software. You'd be amazed what they come up with.
他们也有一些不同的事情可以做,那就是为一个五分钟的电影构思,并使用特殊的动画软件进行拍摄。你会惊讶于他们的想法。
And of course, that's something they can put on their phone and take home to show all their friends.
当然,这是他们可以存在手机里的东西,并且可以带回家给他们所有的朋友看。
Exactly. And then they also build a robot in the shape of a human, and they decorate it and program it so that it can move its arms and legs.
一点儿没错。他们还可以制造一个人形的机器人,对它进行装饰和编程,这样它就能够移动手臂和腿。
Perfect. So, is it the same price as the Tiny Engineers?
太棒了。那么,它的价格和小型工程师的价格一样吗?
It's just a bit more: 50 pounds for the five weeks.
价格会高一点:五周50英镑。
And are the classes on a Monday, too?
课程也安排在星期一吗?
They used to be, but we found it didn't give our staff enough time to clear up after the first workshop, so we moved them to Wednesdays.
以前是这样,但我们发现,在第一节工坊课后,我们的员工没有足够的时间去清理,所以我们把课程挪到了周三。
The classes are held in the morning from ten to eleven.
上课时间是上午10点到11点。
OK. That's better for me actually. And what about the location? Where exactly are the workshops held?
好的。实际上,这对我来说更合适。那地点呢?工坊课的具体上课地点是哪里?
They're in building 10A – there's a big sign on the door, you can't miss it, and that's in Fradstone Industrial Estate.
在10A号楼,门上有一个大牌子,你不会看不到的,就在弗雷德斯通工业园区。
Sorry?
你说什么?
Fradstone – that's F-R-A-D-S-T-O-N-E.
弗雷德斯通——F-R-A-D-S-T-O-N-E。
And that's in Grasford, isn't it?
是在格拉斯福德吗?
Yes, up past the station.
是的,过了车站就到了。
And will I have any parking problems there?
我在那里会有停车问题吗?
No, there's always plenty available. So would you like to enrol Lydia and Carly now?
不会的,那里总是有很多空位。那么你现在想让莉迪亚和卡莉报名吗?
OK.
好的。
So can I have your full name …
能告诉我你的全名吗……