Good morning. Thanks for coming in to see us here at the agency, Joe.
早上好,乔,谢谢你来职业介绍所见我们。
I'm one of the agency representatives, and my name's Sally Baker.
我是职业介绍所的代表之一,我叫萨莉·贝克。
Hi Sally. I think we spoke on the phone, didn't we?
嗨,莎莉。我想我们通过电话,不是吗?
That's right, we did. So thank you for sending in your CV.
没错,我们通过电话。谢谢你寄来你的简历。
We've had quite a careful look at it and I think we have two jobs that might be suitable for you.
我们已经仔细看过了,我想我们有两份工作可能适合你。
OK.
好的。
The first one is in a company based in North London.
第一份工作是位于北伦敦的一家公司。
They're looking for an administrative assistant.
他们在招一名行政助理。
OK. What sort of company is it?
好的。这是一家什么样的公司?
They're called Home Solutions and they design and make furniture.
这家公司叫做Home Solutions,他们设计和制造家具。
Oh, I don't know much about that, but it sounds interesting.
哦,我对此了解不多,但听起来很有趣。
Yes, well as I said, they want someone in their office, and looking at your past experience it does look as if you fit quite a few of the requirements.
是的,就像我说的,他们办公室需要人,从你过去的经验来看,你似乎符合很多要求。
So on your CV, it appears you've done some data entry?
根据你的简历,你似乎做过数据录入工作?
Yes.
是的。
So that's one skill they want. Then they expect the person they appoint to attend meetings and take notes there…
这是他们需要的一项技能。他们希望他们招聘的人参加会议并做会议记录……
OK. I've done that before, yes.
好的。是的,我以前也做过同类工作。
And you'd need to be able to cope with general admin.
而且你还需要有能力处理一般的行政事务。
Filing, and keeping records and so on? That should be OK.
归档、保存记录等等?这应该没问题。
And in my last job I also had to manage the diary.
在我的上一份工作中,我还必须管理记事簿。
Excellent. That's something they want here too.
太棒了。这也是他们需要的。
I'd suggest you add it to your CV – I don't think you mentioned that, did you?
我建议你把它加到你的简历上——我想你没有在简历中提到这一点,对吧?
No.
是的。
So as far as the requirements go, they want good computer skills, of course, and they particularly mention spreadsheets.
就需求而言,他们当然需要良好的计算机技能,他们特别提到电子表格。
That should be fine.
那应该没问题。
And interpersonal skills – which would be something they'd check with your references.
还有人际交往能力,他们会向你的推荐人核实这一点的。
I think that should be OK, yes.
我想这应该没问题。
Then they mention that they want someone who is careful and takes care with details – just looking at your CV, I'd say you're probably alright there.
他们提到,他们想要一个细心、注重细节的人,看你的简历,我认为你可能适合这份工作。
I think so, yes. Do they want any special experience?
我想是的。他们需要什么特别的经验吗?
I think they wanted some experience of teleconferencing.
我想他们想要一些电话会议的经验。
I've got three years' experience of that.
我有三年电话会议经验。
Let's see, yes, good. In fact, they're only asking for at least one year, so that's great.
让我看看,是的,很好。事实上,他们只要求至少一年的电话会议经验,所以这很好。
So is that something that might interest you?
你对这项工作感兴趣吗?
It is, yes. The only thing is, you said they were in North London so it would be quite a long commute for me.
是的。唯一的问题是,你说该公司在北伦敦,所以对我来说,通勤时间会很长。
OK.
好的。