The other thing I wanted to ask you was, did you find it hard, studying with the Open University?
我还想问你的是,你有没有觉得在开放大学学习很困难?
You mean, because you're studying on your own, most of the time? Mm.
你的意思是,因为大部分时间都是自己在学习?是的。
Well, it took me a while to get used to it.
好吧,我花了一段时间才适应。
I found I needed to maintain a high level of motivation, because it's so different from school.
我发现我需要更高的积极性,因为这与在学校学习很不一样。
There's no-one saying, 'Why haven't you written your assignment yet?' and that sort of thing.Oh, dear.
没有人会说,"你为什么还没有写作业?"之类的。哦,天哪。
You'll learn it, Paul.
你会学到的,Paul。
Another thing was that I got very good at time management because I had to fit time for studying round a full-time job.
另一件事是,我变得非常会安排时间,因为我必须在全职工作之余匀出时间学习。
Well, I'm hoping to change to working part-time, so that'll help.
嗯,我希望能变成兼职工作,所以那会有些帮助。
What makes it easier is that the degree is made up of modules, so you can take time off between them if you need to.
好在成绩是由不同模块组成的,因此如果有需要的话在模块之间你可以放个假。
It isn't like a traditional three-or four-year course, where you've got to do the whole thing of it in one go.
它不像传统的三年或四年的课程,你得一次性做完全部的事情。
That's good, because I'd like to spend six months travelling next year.
那很好,因为我明年想花六个月的时间去旅行。
Huh, it's all right for some. Then even though you're mostly studying at home, remember you've got tutors to help you.
嗯,对一些人来说是可以的。虽然你大部分时间都是在家里学习,但记得你的导师会帮助你。
And from time to time there are summer schools. They usually last a week.
而且时不时会有暑假补习班。通常持续一周。
They're great, because you meet all the other people struggling with the same things as you.
暑假补习班非常棒,因为你会遇见跟你一样为同一件事情在挣扎的人们。
I've made some really good friends that way.
在那里我已经交了一些真正的好朋友。
Sounds good. So how do I apply?
听起来不错。我怎么申请?