Hi,Jane.
嗨,珍。
Hi,Pete.
嗨,彼特。
What are you doing?
你在做什么?
I'm trying to make a Christmas present list.
我在列圣诞礼物清单。
Already!It's only the 2nd of December.
这么早!现在才12 月2 号。
I know, but I've got a large family and it's always difficult to find them all good presents.
我知道, 但是我有个大家庭,要想出适合每个人的好礼物总是很困难。
OK.Let me help. Who would you like to buy presents for?
好吧,让我来帮你。你要买礼物给哪些人?
Well,my two elder brothers, my sister, my parents, my two uncles and aunts, my three cousins and our dog, Sam.
嗯,我的两个哥哥,我妹,我爸妈,两个伯伯和伯母,三个表兄妹,还有我们的狗,山姆。
OK.Let's start with your sister...How about perfume?
好,我们从你妹开始...送香水怎么样?
No,I got her perfume last year.A CD?
不行,我去年就送她香水了。CD 唱片?
She doesn't like music.
她不喜欢音乐。
OK.How about a book?
好,那书怎么样?
That's a good idea.
这是个好主意。
What kind of book does she like? Romantic love stories? Detective stories? Classical novels?
她喜欢什么样的书?浪漫的爱情故事?侦探小说?经典名作?
Well,I think she likes fantasy and suspense. But not horror books.
唔,我想她喜欢奇幻和悬疑的故事,但是不要恐怖小说。
How about the new Harry Potter books?
最新一集的《哈利波特》怎么样?
That's a good idea. OK. Now, my mum.
这个点子太棒了。好了,换我妈。
Perfumed soap, shampoo, that sort of thing?
香皂、洗发精这一类的东西怎么样?
No...a bit boring.
不要...有点老套。
OK. What about candles?Candles?
好吧,那蜡烛怎么样?蜡烛?
Yes, you can buy candles that smell of lavender, pine, roses, strawberries etc and they're not too expensive.
对啊,你可以买熏衣草、松木、玫瑰、草莓等等香味的蜡烛,而且价钱又不贵。
OK, I'll get some pine candles for my mum, and maybe I can buy some lavender and strawberry ones for my aunts, too. Now, how about my brothers?
好,那我买一些松香蜡烛给我妈,也许还可以买一些熏衣草和草莓味的蜡烛给两个伯母。接下来,我哥哥他们呢?