New Words
新单词
challenge v.
引起,要求
eliminate v.
消除,抵消
adverse adj.
不利的
premium n.
保险金
confirmation n.
确认书
Phrases & Expressions
短语
read one's mind
看出某人的心思
sort out
把...分类,把...整理
more or less
或多或少
run a risk
冒险
lose one's patience
失去耐心
Z:How are you, Mr. Steward? We haven't seen each other for a whole week.
张:您好,斯特沃先生。一周末见了,近来好吧?
S:I'm fine. Yes, time is flying by. How are you, Zhang Jun?
斯:很好,时间过得真快呀!近来你也挺好吧?
Z:Not bad.
张:还行。
S:Really? I'm afraid you have got a lot more questions to challenge me again.
斯:真的吗?恐怕这次你来,又有一大堆问题等着我呢!
S, Z:Ha-ha... (laughing)
斯与张:哈-哈(一起笑起来)
Z:Yes, you are reading my mind. Last time when I went back to my dormitory,
张:是啊,你可真清楚我是怎么想的。上次我回到宿舍,
I made an effort to sort out the information you provided.
把您讲的一大堆内容整理了一下,
I was still a bit confused.
发现还有一些弄不明白。
S:Yes? What exactly bothered you?
斯:是些什么问题呢?
Z:As you said the forward market of foreign exchange is very helpful for companies of foreign trade to avoid possible loss.
张:您说过,期货外汇交易可以使外贸公司避免一些可能的损失。
S:Yes, that's true.
斯:是的。
Z:But, how about... you see...
张:但,是怎样来避免的呢?您想...
S:You can give me an example to illustrate your disagreement.
斯:你可以给我一个实例,来讲清楚你的不同意见。
Z:For instance, a German company knows that it will need an amount of US dollars in three weeks to pay for imports of facility from the United States of America.
张:比如说,某一德国公司从美国进口一批设备,需要在三周内用美元支付。
As you said, they can buy the dollars forward to reduce or eliminate the risk of an adverse movement in exchange rates between the Deutsch mark and the US dollar.
您说过,这家公司可以作外汇期货交易购买美元,以降低甚至抵消德国马克与美元之间汇率的不利变化而产生的风险。
But exchange rates are changing.
但是,汇率在不断地波动着。
Maybe, there will be a favorable movement in exchange rates between Deutschmark and the US dollar.
也许,德国马克与美元的汇率有可能产生有利的变化。
Then, why can't the company wait for three weeks to buy the dollars at the spot rate?
那么为何该公司不可以等到三周后再来作即期交易购买美元呢?
S:You are realy smart, Zhang Jun. Let me tell you, that's just the original idea of currency options.
斯:张军,你的分析真是头头是道。我现在告诉你,那只是所谓外汇期权的本来意义,
Z:Currency options? I have never heard of this term. Would you please give me more detailed information about it?
张:外汇期权?这个名词我从未听说过.您能否详细地解释一
S:Sure. What I told you last Saturday is not wrong.
斯:好的。上周我告诉你的那些没错的
But let me give you a wider and more complete picture about foreign exchange.
现在我给你再讲一些外汇交易方面的知识。
More or less, foreign exchange dealing involves a calculated gamble on exchange rates.
外汇交易或多或少有点像对汇率来一次有意的赌博。
Z:Why 'gamble'?
张:为什么您用“赌博”这个词呢?
S:Isn't foreign exchange dealing like a gamble? As you described in your example,
斯:你说,外汇交易像不像赌博?从你举的例子来说,
the German company may get a better exchange rate if it waits for three weeks to buy the dollars at the spot rate.
那个德国公司如果等到三周以后再即期购买美元,汇率有可能对他们有利:
But things will also go against us. Three weeks later, the rate could be worse.
但也可能事与愿违,三周后的汇率也许变得很糟糕。
So anyway, either course of action runs a risk.
因此,不管是前者,还是后者都承担风险。
Z:But what are all these related to currency options?
张:但您以上所说的一切与期权有什么关系呢?
S:Oh, don't lose your patience.Under the currency option,the customer pays a premium to the bank.
斯:你得沉住气呀!想要取得期权,客户得向银行支付一笔保证金。
Z:What advantages concerning foreign exchange can the customer enjoy?
张:那么客户在外汇买卖时享有什么好处呢?
S:After the customer of the bank pays a premium, the bank send out confirmation of the deal.
斯:在客户向银行支付了一笔保险费或保证金以后,银行就出具一份外汇期权交易的确认书。