手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 高中英语 > 高中英语 > 新人教高中英语 > 新人教高中英语必修第三册 > 正文

Unit 5 The Value Of Money Reading for Writing

编辑:max   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  


扫描二维码进行跟读打分训练

The Million Pound Bank Note Act 2, Scene 1

百万英镑 第二幕 第1场

Henry is walking along the street holding the bank note in his hand. His coat is worn in several places. He sees a sign for a tailor's shop.

亨利手里拿着钞票正沿街道走着,他的外套破了几个地方,他看到了一家裁缝店。
(entering the shop) I'd like to have a suit coat.
(走进商店)我想要一件西装外套。
(in a rude manner) See him there. (pointing to another clerk)
(粗鲁地)带他去那里。(指着另一个店员)
Ready-made suits? Downstairs.
现成的西装?在楼下。
(after going down some stairs) Can you show me a suit, please?
(走下楼梯后)你能给我看一套西装吗?
Yes, I can, sir. This way, please. Ah, here we are, the very thing you need.
可以,先生。这边请。啊,我们到了,你需要的东西。
(pulling the 3rd clerk aside and whispering) Mr Reid says you'd better serve him quick and get him out quick!
(把第三店员拉到一边低声说)里德先生说,你最好快点为他服务,让他快点出去!
I know what I'm doing. I've got eyes, haven't I?
我知道我在做什么。我有眼睛,不是吗?
It's a little too bright, isn't it?
有点太亮了,不是吗?
(looking at him with a frown) It's all we have in your size.
(皱着眉头看着他)这是我们所有适合你尺码的衣服。
Well, I suppose it ought to do for now. I'll take it.
嗯,我想现在应该能将就。我买了。
Good. Shall I put it in a box?
很好。我要把它放进盒子里吗?
No. I'll wear it. Oh, I'd rather not pay you now. I'd like to pay in a month. You see, I don't have any small change.
不,我现在穿的。哦,我现在不想付钱给你,我想在一个月内付款,你看我没有零钱。
(trying not to show he's angry) I suppose a gentleman like you only carries very large bills.
(努力不显示他生气)我想像你这样的绅士只带很大的钞票。
Now, you shouldn't judge people by their clothes. I just don't want to cause you trouble with a large note.
现在,你不应该用衣服来评判别人,我只是不想因为票额大给你带来麻烦。
It's no trouble at all.
一点也不麻烦。
In that case, there's no problem.
那样的话,没问题。
(He gives the clerk the bank note. The clerk drops Henry's coat. Then he folds the bill and slowly unfolds it again, as if looking at something he can't believe is there.)
(他把银行票据给了职员, 店员把亨利的外套放下, 然后他把钞票折叠起来,慢慢地又打开它,好像在看他难以置信的东西。)
Well, what seems to be the trouble?
嗯,有什么麻烦?
I'm just waiting for my change.
我只是在等找我的零钱。
Give him his change, Todd. Get going ... (after getting the bank note from Todd) Would it ... could it be the one I saw in the papers last week? I remember thinking that never would I hold such a note as this ...
托德,给他零钱。 去吧...(从托德那里拿到银行票据后)是不是...是我上周在报纸上看到的那个吗? 我记得我曾经想过我永远不会拿这样一张钞票...
(to Henry) Oh, take off this coat, sir. (to Todd) Go get the others, Todd! (to Henry again) Allow me, sir! This way, sir.
给亨利)哦,脱下这件外套,先生。 (对托德)去换其他衣服吧,托德!(对亨利)请允许我,先生! 先生,这边。
(in another part of the shop, where there is a wide range of options for Henry to choose from)
(在商店的另一个地方,亨利有各种各样的衣服可供选择)
This is nice, but I really don't need it.
这很好,但我真的不需要它。
Never mind. (with a broad smile) Oh, it's perfect! It was made for some king but he'll just have to wait. You'll need many suits for many occasions. Yes, indeed you will.
没关系… (带着灿烂的笑容)哦,太完美了! 它是为某个国王做的,但他只能等了,你需要很多场合的很多西装。 是的,你会的。
Wait a minute. I only came here to get a suit coat to wear today. I dare not buy all these things. You would have to wait a long time to get paid.
等一下。 我今天来这里只是为了买套西装。 我不敢买所有这些东西。 你得等很长时间才能得到付款。
A long time, sir? Why, you don't have to worry about that!
很长时间了,先生? 为什么你不用担心这个。
Yes, we can wait forever!
是的,我们可以等一辈子!
Well, all right. I'll take the suit coat for now and get the others later.
嗯,好吧。 我现在就买这套西装,其它的以后再拿。
Fine, fine. Your address, sir?
好吧,好吧。 你的地址,先生?
I don't have one. Er ... I'm moving.
我没有。呃...我要搬家了。
Of course you are! That's very normal! A busy man, I'm sure.
你当然是!那很正常!忙人,我敢肯定。

重点单词   查看全部解释    
rude [ru:d]

想一想再看

adj. 粗鲁的,无礼的
adj. 粗糙

 
tailor ['teilə]

想一想再看

n. 裁缝
vt. 缝制,剪裁
vi

 
scene [si:n]

想一想再看

n. 场,景,情景

 
range [reindʒ]

想一想再看

n. 范围,行列,射程,山脉,一系列
v. 排

 
frown [fraun]

想一想再看

n. 皱眉,不悦
v. 皱眉头,不同意

 
address [ə'dres]

想一想再看

n. 住址,致词,讲话,谈吐,(处理问题的)技巧

 
haven ['heivn]

想一想再看

n. 港口,避难所,安息所 v. 安置 ... 于港中,

联想记忆

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。