手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 高中英语 > 高中英语 > 新人教高中英语 > 新人教高中英语必修第二册 > 正文

Unit 5 Music Workbook Reading

编辑:max   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  


扫描二维码进行跟读打分训练

Cat's in the Cradle

摇篮里的猫咪
by Harry and Sandy Chapin
哈利·查宾和姗蒂·查宾

Verse 1

第一节
My child arrived just the other day.
我的孩子前几天刚到。
He came to the world in the usual way,
他以平常的方式来到这个世界。
But there were planes to catch and bills to pay.
但是我有飞机要赶,有账单要付。
He learned to walk while I was away,
我不在的时候他学会了走路,
And he was talking 'fore I knew it, and as he grew,
他在我意识到前就开始说话了,随着他的成长,
He'd say, "I'm gonna be like you, Dad,
他会说,“我会像你一样,爸爸,
You know I'm gonna be like you."
你知道我会像你一样的。”
Chorus
合唱
And the cat's in the cradle and the silver spoon,
摇篮里猫咪,银色的汤勺,
Little boy blue and the man on the moon.
忧郁的小男孩,月亮上的男人。
"When you coming home, Dad?"
“爸爸,你什么时候回家?”
"I don't know when, but we'll get together then.
“我不知道什么时候,但我们到时候再聚。
You know we'll have a good time then."
你知道我们会玩得很开心的。”
Verse 2
第二节
My son turned ten just the other day.
我儿子前几天刚满十岁了。
He said, "Thanks for the ball, Dad, come on let's play.
他说:“谢谢你的球,爸爸,来吧,我们玩吧。
Can you teach me to throw?"
你能教我扔吗?”
I said, "Not today, I got a lot to do."
我说,“今天不行,我有很多事要做。”
He said, "That's okay."
他说,“没关系。”
And he walked away but his smile never dimmed;
他走开了,但他的笑容从未暗淡;
And said, "I'm gonna be like him, yeah.
然后说,“我会像他一样,是的。
You know I'm gonna be like him."
你知道我会像他一样的。”
Verse 3
第三节
Well, he came from college just the other day,
他前几天刚从大学毕业,
So much like a man, I just had to say.
很像个男人,我不得不说。
"Son, I'm proud of you. Can you sit for a while?"
“儿子,我为你感到骄傲。你可以坐一会儿?”
He shook his head, and said with a smile,
他摇摇头,笑着说,
"What I'd really like, Dad, is to borrow the car keys.
“爸爸,我真正想的是要借车钥匙。
See you later; can I have them please?"
回头见,能给我车钥匙吗?”
Chorus
合唱
And the cat's in the cradle and the silver spoon,
摇篮里猫咪,银色的汤勺,
Little boy blue and the man on the moon.
忧郁的小男孩,月亮上的男人。
"When you coming home, son?"
“儿子,你什么时候回家?”
"I don't know when, but we'll get together then, Dad.
“我不知道什么时候,但我们到时候再聚,爸爸。
You know we'll have a good time then."
你知道我们会玩得很开心的。”
Verse 4
第四节
I've long since retired, my son's moved away.
我早就退休了,我儿子搬走了。
I called him up just the other day.
前几天我打电话给他。
I said, "I'd like to see you, if you don't mind."
我说,“如果你不介意的话,我想见你。”
He said, "I'd love to, Dad, if I can find the time.
他说:“我很乐意,爸爸,如果我能找到时间的话。
You see my new job's a hassle and the kids have the flu,
你看我的新工作很麻烦,孩子们还得了流感,
But it's sure nice talking to you, Dad.
但和你说话真高兴,爸爸。
It's been sure nice talking to you."
很高兴和你谈话。”
And as I hung up the phone, it occurred to me.
当我挂断电话时,我突然想到。
He'd grown up just like me,
他已经成长得很像我,
My boy was just like me.
我的儿子和我一样。
Chorus
合唱
And the cat's in the cradle and the silver spoon,
摇篮里猫咪,银色的汤勺,
Little boy blue and the man on the moon.
忧郁的小男孩,月亮上的男人。
"When you coming home, son?"
“爸爸,你什么时候回家?”
"I don't know when, but we'll get together then, Dad.
“我不知道什么时候,但我们到时候再聚,爸爸。
We're gonna have a good time then."
我们到时一定会玩得很开心的。”

重点单词   查看全部解释    
verse [və:s]

想一想再看

n. 诗,韵文,诗节
vi. 作诗

 
sandy ['sændi]

想一想再看

adj. 沙,含沙的,沙色的,不稳固的 Sandy n.

 
chorus ['kɔ:rəs]

想一想再看

n. 合唱队,歌舞队,齐声说道,副歌部分,
v

联想记忆
spoon [spu:n]

想一想再看

n. 匙,调羹,匙状物
vt. 以匙舀起

 

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。