Dear Sandra
亲爱的桑德拉:
Surprise! I bet you didn't know we were in Fenang, did you? It happened so quickly.
我有一个惊讶的消息!我敢肯定你不知道我们在槟榔屿,对吗?
Mum had just been promoted to Sales Manager, so she said, 'Let's have a holiday to celebrate.'
妈妈刚被晋升为销售经理,她就说:“我们度假庆祝吧!”
Of course, we all agreed.
当然,我们都同意了。
Within a couple of days, we arrived here, at Rasa Sayang.
几天后,我们来到这里,Rasa Sayant。
It's a great hotel with lots of facilities, as you can see from the enclosed cuttings.
你可以从随信所附的剪报上看出来,这是一家很棒的酒店,设施齐全。
I loved it from the moment I got out of the coach.
我一下车,就喜欢这个地方了。
If I were ever to live overseas, I would choose to live here. We've spent a lot of time at the beach.
将来如果我在国外生活,我会选择这儿。我们在海滩呆了很长一段时间。
I've also taken up tennis. A coach is teaching me how to play properly.
我还打网球了。教练教我打球的正确方法。
Danny keeps saying I ought to join in the activities for little kids, even though I'm 16.
丹尼一直说我应该参加一些小孩子的活动,即使我16岁。
Big brothers can be so annoying.
大孩子可能很恼人。
Yesterday, at the beach some people were parasailing.
昨天一些人在海滩上做帆伞运动。
When Danny and Dad saw it, they said, 'Let's have a go at that!'
丹尼和爸爸看到后说:“让我们试试那个吧!”
At first Mum and I didn't want to do it.
刚开始,妈妈和我不想做。
But Danny started teasing us. He said, 'If you were men, you might be a little braver!'
但是丹尼开始取笑我们。他说:“如果你是男人,你可能会勇敢些。”
In the end, we couldn't put up with it any longer.
最后,我们不能再忍了。
You know how Mum and I like to stand up for women! So we both decided to try it.
你知道妈妈和我都是热忱的妇女维权积极分子啊!所以我们都决定试一试。