手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 高中英语 > 高中英语教程 > 牛津上海版高中英语 > 牛津上海版高中英语高一上册 > 正文

牛津上海版高中英语高一上册:Unit 5 Think before you eat-Reading

来源:可可英语 编辑:hepburn   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  


手机扫描二维码查看全部内容

Reading Very vegetarian

阅读 非常素食
Read this transcript from the weekly TV programme Sally and Sam.
阅读周播电视节目《萨莉和山姆》剧本。
In this scene, Sally and her friend Sam are having lunch in a restaurant.
在这个场景中,萨莉和她的朋友山姆正在一家餐厅吃午饭。
For lunch, I think I'll have the mixed grill - steak, pork chops, chicken and sausages.
午餐我想吃混合烧烤 - 烤牛排,烤猪排,烤鸡肉和烤香肠。
Does that sound good to you?
你觉得怎么样?
Sounds horrible! I'm having a salad.
听起来很可怕!我正在吃沙拉。
No more bits of dead animals for me.
我不会再吃动物死尸了。
I've become a vegetarian - a person who does not eat meat.
我已经是素食主义者了 - 也就是不吃肉的人。
Since when?
什么时候的事情?
Since I saw this programme on TV.
自从我在电视上看了这个节目之后。
You're always influenced by these programmes.
你总是受这些电视节目的影响。
Last month, you saw a programme on space and so you wanted to become an astronaut.
上个月,你看到了一个太空计划,然后你就想成为一名宇航员。
What did you see this time?
这次你又看到了什么?
A programme on the meat industry.
一期关于肉类行业的节目。
You shouldn't eat meat, you know.
你不该吃肉的,你知道吗?
The animals you eat had to spend their lives crowded together in tiny spaces.
被你吃掉的动物都是被养在一个很狭小很拥挤的空间里的。
Then they were killed.
然后就被宰了。
Poor animals! Oh, here's my mixed grill!
真可怜。啊,我的混合烧烤来了!
Animals kept this way can easily get sick, so they have to be given drugs.
这样养殖的动物很容易生病,所以必须给他们吃药。
These drugs may still be in the meat when you eat it. It may be dangerous.
这些药物可能还残留在你吃的肉里。会很危险的。
Sally? Are you listening to me?
萨莉?你在听吗?
Yes. Please continue. By the way, can you pass the pepper?
在听。请继续。顺便问一下,可以把胡椒粉递给我一下吗?
You did not have to eat that!
胡椒粉你也不该吃的!
You ought to eat some salad instead.
你应该吃一些沙拉。
We should use land to grow food for people instead of cattle.
我们应该用土地给人而不是给牲口种植粮食。
Then there'd be no more hungry people in the world.
这样世界上就不会再有饥饿了。
You will never make me lose my appetite for meat.
不管你怎么说,都无法打消我对肉食的胃口。
I need meat because it contains vitamins and minerals not found in vegetables.
我需要肉类,因为肉里含有蔬菜中没有的维生素和矿物质。
Vegetables can also be dangerous, you know.
你知道蔬菜也可能很危险的。
Lots of people are made ill because of the pesticides the farmers use on them.
农民使用杀虫剂,许多人都病了。
Some vegetables even ...
有些蔬菜甚至......
I don't want to hear this. Let's change the subject.
我不想听这个了。我们换个话题吧。
OK. Do you know where I can buy some ...
好的。你知道去哪儿可以买……?

重点单词   查看全部解释    
appetite ['æpitait]

想一想再看

n. 嗜好,食欲,欲望

联想记忆
grill [gril]

想一想再看

n. 烤架,铁格子,烧烤(食物) vt. (在烤架上)烤

联想记忆
scene [si:n]

想一想再看

n. 场,景,情景

 
cattle ['kætl]

想一想再看

n. 牛,家畜,畜牲

 

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。