Skiing
滑雪
by Vanessa Luo
瓦内萨·洛
Skiing is my Favourite sport, even though I have only skied for four days in my whole life!
滑雪是我最喜欢的运动,尽管我长这么大只滑过四天雪!
Last year my father promised to take me on a holiday if I did well in my exams.
去年我爸爸答应说,如果我考试成绩不错的话,他就会带我去度假。
When I got straight 'A' s, Dad said, "How about a weekend at the Botanical Gardens?"
当我得了一连串儿A后,爸爸说:“这周末去植物园怎么样?”
However, my mum said, "No, you promised a special holiday. I think you ought to keep your word."
但是我妈妈说:“不行,你承诺了要过个特别的假期。我觉得你应该说话算话。”
And, despite the expense, he did.
不管代价多大,他做到了。
My dream was to see some real snow, so in the Christmas vacation we flew to Seoul, South Korea, and then took a shuttle bus which runs back and forth between Seoul and Muju Resort.
我的梦想是去看真正的雪,于是圣诞假期时,我们飞往了韩国的首尔,然后坐上了往返于首尔和茂朱度假胜地的汽车。
As the bus climbed through the mountains, we saw the snow on the trees.
当汽车开上山时,我们看见树上都是雪。
I was dying to get out and play with it!
我迫不及待的要下车去玩雪!
At last we reached the resort, and quickly scrambled out of the bus.
终于到了度假村,我们迅速挤下了公车。
No one in my family had ever touched snow before.
我家里人以前都没触摸过真正的雪。
We were all like little children: we picked it up, made snowballs, and threw them at each other!
我们都像小孩儿一样:拿起雪,做雪球,然后扔向彼此!
Then we checked in at the hotel.
然后我们登记入住了饭店。
Our room overlooked one of the ski slopes.
我们的房间可俯瞰一个滑雪坡。
The slope was floodlit, so we watched people skiing until 10 p.m.
滑雪坡泛着光,于是我们看着人们在那滑雪,一直到晚上十点钟。
We could not wait to try it ourselves.
我们都等不及要亲自试试了。