Hello, everyone. Welcome to our program.
大家好,欢迎收看我们的节目。
Today, we are fortunate to have a special guest with us.
今天,我们非常有幸请到一位特殊的嘉宾。
Some of you may have heard of him before. He's an artist.
有些人可能之前有听说过他。他是一位艺术家。
His works have received many prizes and have been shown in over one hundred exhibitions across the country — Los Angeles, New York, Philadelphia, to name just a few.
他的作品收获了很多奖项,而且在全国各地进行了一百多场展览,比如洛杉矶,纽约,费城。
His name is Chris Cucksy. So Chris, tell us a bit about yourself.
他的名字是Chris Cucksy。所以Chris,简单介绍下你自己吧。
Well, I was born in Springfield, Missouri, and grew up in Kansas.
嗯,我出生在密苏里州的斯普林菲尔德,然后我在堪萨斯州长大。
I didn't come from a family with wealth or position, but I did manage to get a master's degree in fine arts.
我不是来自于一个很有钱或很有权势的家庭,但是我成功地取得了美术硕士学位。
When did you first start to make art?
你最初是从什么时候开始进行艺术创作的呢?
And what was the turning point in your life that made you an artist?
促使你成为一名艺术家的人生转折点又是什么呢?
I always liked drawing as early as I can remember, so right from then, I knew what I was going to be: an artist.
从我记事开始,我就很喜欢画画,所以从那时起我就知道我将来要成为一名艺术家。
What is it that always inspires you to create?
是什么一直给了你创作的灵感呢?
Nature is the biggest inspiration. I'm always inspired by things of beauty and harmony.
大自然永远是最好的灵感来源。美丽和和谐总能给我很多灵感。