The guest for today is Sue Walter. She is a famous judge in court. Good morning Sue!
今天的嘉宾是苏·沃尔特。她是一位着名的法官。早上好,苏!
Good morning, Shon. I am glad to be here today.
早上还,肖恩!很高兴今天能够来到这里。
Your new book, My World, will be published next week. Would you please tell us the theme of your book?
你的新书《我的世界》下星期就要出版了。你能跟告诉我们新书的主题吗?
Well, I want people who have challenges in their lives to believe that despite their difficulties they can still accomplish a lot.
嗯,我想告诉那些在生活中遇到挑战的人,尽管他们的生活有很多困难,但是他们还是能成就很多事。
One of my suggestions is to always ask for help.
我的其中一个建议就是总是要寻求帮助。
Right. What's the best part of being a judge in court?
对。那作为一名法庭上的法官,最棒的部分是什么?
Having a voice in the decision-making process. There is something extremely satisfying about that.
在决策程序中拥有说话权。这是让人感到极度满足的。
You've been on the children's program. So how do you explain your job to kids?
你也负责儿童的项目,所以你怎么跟孩子解释你的工作?
I give a very simplified version of what a judge does.
我很简单的告诉他们一个法官主要做什么。
I talk to them about how the law helps people solve their problems.
我告诉他们法律怎么样帮助人们解决问题。?
What's your idea of happiness?
你认为幸福是什么?
I think it would be satisfaction of enjoying things with others,
我认为幸福是跟他人分享所得到的满足感,
meaning when you give it to others, whether it's time, attention, a gift, anything, just those moments of sharing.
就是说当你给他人东西时,不管是时间,关注,礼物还是其它,就是在这些分享的时刻,得到满足感。
Thank you, Sue.
谢谢你,苏!