Wouldn't that be great? I feel excited just thinking about it.
那样很伟大吧?我只要想到它就很兴奋。
I don't understand.
我不明白。
Cathy, do you mean we'll use the computer to travel around the world,
凯茜,你的意思是我们将来可以使用电脑来周游世界,
entering and exiting countries in seconds and visit all the historical sites?
几秒钟就可以出国、回国并参观所有的历史遗址?
That's right! Just imagine never having to pack a suitcase!
对的!只要想象一下无需带行李该多棒!
We would not only be able to travel around the world,
我们不但能够周游世界,
but also go to study in any world famous universities we wanted to.
同样能够到任何我们想去的世界著名大学学习。
That could be really exciting! But I still find it hard to imagine.
那可能是很令人兴奋!但是我还是很难想象。
You would see it but you couldn't dip your toes in the sea or eat the foods you saw.
你可以参观,但是你不能把你的脚趾浸入到海中,品尝你看到的食物。
You would not experience it.
你将无法体会。
Well, if they invented virtual reality holidays, I'd go on an around-the-world tour.
嗯,如果他们发明了虚拟的假期,我就来进行一次环球旅行。
Tom, what would you like to do if someone gave you the chance?
汤姆,如果有人给你这个机会,你想干什么?
I don't really know.
我还不知道。
Personally, I'm more interested in virtual universities than virtual reality holidays.
就我来说,我对虚拟大学的兴趣比对虚拟假期的兴趣更大。
I'd like to go to a world-famous university, like Stanford.
我想去世界著名的大学,例如斯坦福大学。
But I guess, a virtual university just wouldn't be the same, would it?
但是我想,虚拟的大学还是会有所不同,是不是?
True, but just think - you would be able to study in such a world-famous university without going out of your room!
是的,但是只是想想—你不需要走出家门就能在世界著名的大学学习!