Hello, Mr. Jan Erick Freedman.
你好,詹·埃里克·弗里德曼先生。
You're a frequent traveler and we also know that you eat out twice a day.
你是个经常旅行的人,并且我们也知道您每天在外面吃两餐。
How come you're so fond of eating out?
您为什么那么喜欢在外面吃呢?
When I got my first job back in 1982 and started travelling, I had no other choice but to eat out.
我在1982年得到第一份工作并开始旅行的时候,我除了在外面吃没有别的选择。
I found that I felt different due to what I was eating,
我发现我对于我吃的东西有不同的感觉,
so I tried to find places that served food that made me feel good.
所以我试着找到那些能做出使我感觉得很好的食物的地方。
The secret was the quality of the food and how well the food was prepared.
关键在于食物的质量和烹饪的手艺。
I made an effort to find good restaurants as well as nice dishes.
我花了很大功夫才找到那些好餐馆和好菜肴。
How did you manage to make a list of 218 favorite restaurants?
你是怎么列出这一张218个最喜欢的餐厅的单子的?
I've lived in many cities and when I moved back to Sweden from the United States,
我住过许多不同的城市,当我从美国搬回到瑞典时,
people asked me where to go to eat when they went to cities I knew.
人们如果去我熟悉的城市,会问我要去哪里吃好吃的。
I got a lot of ideas.
我有很多想法。
Then I wrote about restaurants for a Swedish club magazine
然后我就为一个瑞典的俱乐部杂志写一些关于餐厅的文章,
and someone suggested I gather the information about the restaurants together since I had all the facts about the restaurants I've been to.
有人建议我可以搜集并整理那些餐厅的资料,因为我对于我所去过的餐厅都了如指掌。
I started to do that.
我就开始这么做了。
How do you find restaurants?
你是怎么找到那些餐厅的?
The best way is to ask the people there.
最好的方法就是问当地人。
I may talk to the people at the street market or take a walk and look for place myself.
我会在街市和人闲聊或者自己走一走,边走边找。
I never asked a hotel clerk or a taxi driver.
我从不问酒店职员或者出租车司机。
I don't go to empty restaurants or places with menus difficult to understand.
我也不去空餐厅或者那种菜单难以看懂的地方或餐厅。