Mom Knows Best
妈妈最了解
When I was a tiny baby crying all night, my mom sang to me and stayed by my side.
当我还是个小宝宝整夜哭闹的时候,妈妈唱着歌伴我入睡。
When I was tired and hungry, she gave me food and warm arms to sleep in.
当我又累又饿时,她给我食物和伴我入睡的温暖臂膀。
When I was two running through the field, she made sure I was safe and kept me from danger.
当我奔跑在田野中时,她确保我的安全,让我远离危险。
When I fell and hurt myself, she gave me a hug and lifted me up.
当我跌倒受伤时,她给我拥抱,把我扶起来。
When I was seven coughing badly, she said no ice-cream for me.
七岁时我剧烈咳嗽,她说我不能吃冰淇淋。
But I talked back loudly, "I should be allowed to eat some! Give it to me now!"
但我却大声反驳,“应该让我吃些冰淇淋!快给我!”
When I was nine watching scary movies, she said it'd give me awful dreams.
九岁时我看恐怖电影,她说这会让我做噩梦。
But I shouted back angrily, "I should be allowed to watch it! I'm not a baby!"
但我却生气地吼道,“应该让我看的!我又不是婴儿!”
When I was a teen going out with friends, she said, "Please be back by ten!"
青少年时期,我和朋友出去玩,她说,“请在十点前回家!”
But I talked back again - "I should not be told what to do! I'm seventeen now!"
但我又反驳—“不要告诉我该做什么!我已经十七岁了!”
Now I'm an adult, thinking back to those times.
现在我是成年人了,回想过去时光。
I coughed for days after eating that ice-cream
吃冰淇淋让我整天咳嗽
And had scary dreams after watching that film
看完恐怖电影让做噩梦
I was late for school from staying out past ten.
十点后还在外游荡让我上学迟到。
I regret talking back, not listening to Mom.
后悔,我不该顶嘴,不应该不听妈妈的话。
Mom knows best, and for me she wanted only the best!
妈妈最了解,她只是想怎样才是对我最好的!