Mr. Manners, I'm a Grade 9 student.
礼仪先生,我是九年级的学生。
My Australian pen pal is coming to Beijing next week.
我的澳大利亚笔友下周就要来北京了。
I invited him for dinner at my home, and he accepted. What should I do to make him feel welcome?
我邀请他来我家吃饭,他接受了。我应该怎样做让他觉得自己是受欢迎的?
How can I be a good host?
我应该怎样做一名好主人?
Li Ming
李明
Dear Li Ming, A good host always tries to make guests feel welcome.
亲爱的李明 一个好主人总是尝试让客人感觉自己是受欢迎的。
Here are some tips for you.
这里有一些小提示。
Tidy up your house before your guest arrives.
在客人抵达之前整理你的房子。
Open the door for your guest and hang up his coat.
为你的客人开门并帮他挂他的外套。
It will make him feel welcome.
这会让他感觉自己是受欢迎的。
Offer your guest something to drink or eat like tea, fruit and snacks.
给你的客人提供一些饮料或者食物,像茶,水果和点心。
Don't ask your guest to go to the kitchen and serve himself!
不要要求客人去厨房或是让他自己动手。
Serve your guest at the table.
为你的客人摆好餐桌。
Make him feel at home. Talk to your guest.
让他觉得宾至如归。和你的客人一起聊天。
That's why you invited him.
这就是你为什么邀请他。
Don't turn on the television. It's OK in China, but it's considered rude in Western cultures.
不要打开电视。在中国是可以的,但是在西方国家中这会被认为是粗鲁的。
Mr. Manners
礼仪先生
Mr. Manners, I'm a student visiting Russia.
礼仪先生,我是一名来访俄罗斯的学生。
I'm going to stay for three months.
我要待上三个月。
One of my classmates invited me to stay overnight at her house.
我的一名同学邀请我在她的房子里过夜。
It will be my first time visiting a Russian house.
这是我第一次拜访俄罗斯家庭。
What should I do to be a polite guest?
我应该怎样做才是一名有礼貌的客人呢?
Dong Fang
董芳
Dear Dong Fang, Here are some small suggestions for you.
亲爱的董芳,这有些建议给你:
Bring a small gift, such as sweets or flowers.
带一件小礼物,如糖果或鲜花。
Follow the rules of your host's home.
遵循主人家的规则,
Do what your host asks you to do.
做一些你的主人让你做的事情。
Don't be noisy, especially at bedtime.
不要吵闹,尤其是在就寝时间。
Offer to help prepare the dinner.
餐前准备时帮把手。
Write a thank-you note after your visit.
拜访之后写一封感谢卡。
Visiting a local family is a great way to experience another culture.
拜访当地家庭是了解另一种文化一种不错的方式。
Remember to be yourself and have fun.
记得充满自信并且玩得开心。
Mr. Manners
礼仪先生