Lesson 27 Business English
第27课 商务英语
English is the language of international business.
英语是国际商务的常用语。
Do you know that business English can be different from everyday English?
你知道商务英语与日常英语是不同的吗?
In business, people sometimes speak English in interesting ways.
在商务活动中,人们有时候通过有趣的方式讲英语。
You might not always know what they mean.
你可能常常不知道它们是什么意思。
Can you guess the meanings of the sentences below?
你能猜出下面句子的意思吗?
Look at this one:Buy low,sell high.
看这句话:低买高卖。
It’s a short and simple sentence.
这是一句简短简单的句子。
Buy something at a low price,and then sell it at a high price.
以低价买东西,然后以高价卖出。
It makes sense, right?
它很有意思,对吗?
What does we're in the red this month mean?“
我们这个月是赤字”是什么意思?
Does it mean everyone is wearing red clothes?
是说每个人穿着红色的衣服吗?
No! It means the business is losing money.
不!它的意思是生意在亏钱。
Business people usually write red numbers below zero and black numbers above zero.
生意人通常用红色的数字表示复数,黑色的数字表示正数
Pretty simple, right?
很简单,对吗?
I am moving up the ladder may be difficult to understand.
“我在上台阶”可能较难理解。
It means a person gets a better job or a better position at work.
它的意思是一个人得到了更好的工作或更好的职位。
If someone tells you he or she is moving up the ladder, you should congratulate this person.
如果有人告诉你他/她在上台阶,你应该恭喜这个人。
How about I have to beef up my report?
那么“补充我的报告”是什么意思?
We know that beef is meat from cows.
我们知道牛肉是来自牛身上的肉。
If you "beef something up",
如果你“补充某物”,
you make it big and strong -- like a cow!
你就是让它变得大而壮——像头牛!
This sentence means "I have to make my report stronger".
这句话的意思是“我需要充实一下我的报告”。
There are many more interesting business terms including:He's a fat cat (He's a rich person);
还有很多有趣的商务术语,例如:他是一只肥猫(他是一位有钱人);
and They cook the books (They steal money by making changes to the company's accounts).
他们在煮书(他们通过修改公司的账目来偷钱)。
Have you heard of any other business terms or sayings?
你还听过别的商务术语或俗语吗?