Read the letters. Underline the rules for Molly.
读下面两封信。在给莫莉制定的规则下面划线。
Dear Dr.Know,
亲爱的知心博士,
There are too many rules! At 6:00 a.m., my mom says, "Get up now and make your bed!"
有太多的规则了!早上六点的时候,我妈妈说,“现在起床并铺床!”
After breakfast, my mom always says, "Don't leave the dirty dishes in the kitchen!"
早饭后,我妈妈总是说,“别把脏碗留在厨房里!”
After that, I run to school because I can't be late.
之后,我跑着去学校,因为我不能迟到。
At school, we have more rules - don't be noisy, don't eat in class,...
在学校,我们有更多规则-不要吵闹,不要在课堂上吃东西,……
My dad says I can't play basketball after school because I must do my homework.
我爸爸说我放学后不能打篮球,因为我得做我的家庭作业。
I can play only on weekends.
我只有在周末才能打篮球。
After dinner, I can't relax either.
晚饭后我也不能放松。
I must read a book before I can watch TV.
在我看电视前我得先看一本书。
But I have to go to bed before 10:00.
但是我必须在十点前上床睡觉。
Rules, rules, rules! It's terrible! What can I do, Dr. Know?
规则,规则,规则!真烦啊!我该怎么办,知心博士?
Molly Brown, New York
莫莉·布朗,纽约
Dear Molly,
亲爱的莫莉,
I know how you feel. People always tell us, "Don't do this!" or "You can't do that!"
我明白你的感受。人们总是告诉我们,"不要这样做!"或者"你不能那样做!"
But think about it, Molly. There are a lot of things you can do.
但是仔细想想,莫莉。有许多你可以做的事情。
You can play basketball on weekends.
你可以在周末打篮球。
You can watch TV after you read a book.
你可以在看完书后看电视。
Parents and schools are sometimes strict, but remember, they make rules to help us.
父母和学校有时候是严格的,但是记住,他们用规则来帮助我们。
We have to follow them.
我们得遵循这些规则。
Good luck!
祝你好运!
Dr. Know
知心博士