My Grandpa's Time Capsule
我爷爷的时间胶囊
There's a time capsule in our yard.
我们院子里有个时间胶囊。
It's been there since 1961.
它从1961年就在那里了。
My grandpa Anders buried it when he was very young.
我爷爷安德斯很小的时候就把它埋了起来。
He put his favorite things inside;
他把他最喜欢的东西放在里面;
some books and a purple hat, some postcards and some photos, and a picture of his cat.
一些书和一顶紫色的帽子,一些明信片和一些照片,还有一张他的猫的照片。
A pair of socks, a dictionary, a pencil, and some toys; all of these were presents for the future girls and boys.
一双袜子,一本字典,一支铅笔和一些玩具;所有这些都是给未来的女孩和男孩的礼物。
Now he wants to open it and share his memories,
现在他想打开时间胶囊,分享他的回忆,
but he has a little problem: he's forgotten where it is!
但有一个小问题:他忘了它在哪里!
We've dug a hundred holes now.
我们已经挖了一百个坑了。
We've all tried to guess.
我们都试着去猜。
We've looked and looked and looked some more; our yard is such a mess!
我们看了又看,看了又看;我们的院子太乱了!
So when you make your time capsule, full of memories,
所以当你制作装满回忆的时间胶囊时,
make a note or draw a map -- don't forget where it is!
做个笔记或画张地图--别忘了它在哪里!