Exploring the Galapagos Islands
探索加拉帕戈斯群岛
Some children have traveled to the Galapagos Islands as National Geographic Global Explorers. The islands are in the Pacific Ocean.
一些孩子以国家地理全球探险家的身份,前往加拉帕戈斯群岛。这些岛屿位于太平洋上。
These children have seen many different animals and they've learned new skills.
孩子们看到了许多不同的动物,学到了新的技能。
Sophie Lenoir is from Switzerland, and she's nine years old.
苏菲·勒努瓦来自瑞士,今年9岁。
She told us about her experience in the Galapagos Islands.
她给我们讲了她在加拉帕戈斯群岛的经历。
There were sea lions on all the beaches along the coast. It was amazing!
沿海所有的海滩上都有海狮。太神奇了!
I saw a humpback whale for the first time. It jumped and splashed its tail.
我第一次看到了座头鲸。它跃了起来,甩起了尾巴。
One day, we went to Genovesa Island. There were thousands of sea birds all around me.
有一天,我们去了基诺维萨岛。我周围有成千上万只海鸟。
They didn't hide. We could see them really easily.
它们没有躲避。我们可以很容易地看到它们。
My favorite was the red-footed booby. It had a blue beak and red feet.
我最喜欢的是红脚鲣鸟。它的喙是蓝色的,脚是红色的。
Another day, we went to Espa?ola Island and we saw an albatross.
另外一天,我们去了伊斯帕尼奥拉岛,看到了一只信天翁。
This bird is more than two meters from the end of one wing to the other. That's huge!
这种鸟从一只翅膀的末端到另一只翅膀的末端有两米多。实在是太大了!
I learned how to drive our ship, Endeavour ll.
我还学会了如何驾驶我们的船“Endeavour ll”。
I drove it across the equator. It was very exciting.
我开着它穿越了赤道。真是令人兴奋。
We also saw many kinds of fish. My favorite was the parrot fish. It has a mouth like a parrot's beak.
我们还看到了很多种鱼。我最喜欢的是鹦鹉鱼。它的嘴很像鹦鹉的嘴。
I learned so much about our beautiful planet. I'd love to go back there one day.
我学到了很多关于我们美丽星球的知识。希望有一天我还能再去那里。