"I promise!""I went into the house across the street and met a Goddess.
"好,我答应你!""当我走进了街对面的房子,遇见了一位女神。
I learned a lot of things while I was staying there with her.
当我和她在一起的时候,我学到了很多东西。
Then, she allowed me to live my own life all by myself.
然后,她让我过自己的生活。
Sometimes I gave severe punishments to bad people.
有时我会给坏的人严厉的惩罚。
People always welcomed me wherever I was. They just loved me."
无论我在哪里人们总是欢迎我。他们真的爱我。"
"Really? That's amazing! How can this happen?"
太神奇了!这怎么会发生?
"I've got to go now. See you next time."A few years later, the shadow visited the scholar again.
"我现在要走了。下次见。"几年后,影子又来了。
The scholar was writing a book, but he was so sad because no one read his book.
学者正在写一本书,因为没有人读他的书他很伤心。
He felt tired of writing. "You look very exhausted."
他开始对写作感到厌烦。"你看起来很疲惫!"影子说
"No one can understand my book." "You have to take a rest. Let's go to a spa. I will pay for the trip for you.
"因为没人能看懂我的书。""你该休息一下了,我请你去泡泡温泉吧。
Instead, you should be my shadow." "Oh god! Do I really have to be your shadow?"
但是,你得做我的影子。"!"我真的要做你的影子吗?"
After long thinking about the shadow's suggestion, the scholar decided to go on the trip and be a shadow.
经过细致的考虑,学者决定去旅行,并成为一个影子。
There were lots of people in the spa, and a princess was one of them.
在温泉里有很多人,这些人当中有一个公主。
The princess saw the shadow and thought, "He is so nice. I want to go out with him."
公主看到了影子,心想:"他真英俊。我想和他一起出去。"
She met the shadow. She liked him very much because he knew everything.
她与影子约会。她很喜欢他,因为他什么都知道。
The shadow pointed to the scholar and said, "He is my shadow. If you want to know about something, please ask him."
影子指着那学者说:"他是我的影子。如果你想了解什么,请你问他
"You look so smart."The princess decided to get married to the shadow.
"你看起来很聪明。"公主决定与影子结婚。
The shadow met the scholar and said, "I am going to marry the princess.
影子遇见了这位学者说:"我要跟公主结婚了。
You can come to the castle and live with us. But you have to be my shadow and have to live under my feet forever."
你可以到城堡里和我们住在一起。但你必须是我的影子,你必须永远活在我的脚下。
"No, that doesn't make any sense. You are MY shadow."The shadow put the scholar in prison, and then he told the princess.
"不!你是我的影子。"学者说。影子把学者关进监狱里然后告诉公主。"
"My shadow is out of his mind. He kept insisting that I am his shadow.
我的影子疯了。他一直坚持说我是他的影子。
There seems to be no chance of his recovery. I will help him to disappear quietly."
他似乎已经没救了。我会帮助他悄悄消失。
"Yes, you need to help him."The princess and the shadow finally got married.
"是的,你需要帮助他。"公主和影子终于结了婚。
But the scholar died in prison.
但学者死在监狱里。
Whatever comes your way, don't forget to keep your self-esteem.
这个故事告诉我们:无论你的方式是什么,都别忘了保持你的自尊。
译文为可可英语翻译,未经授权请勿转载!