Conversation One
对话1
Hi, Lily, how's the new apartment?
嗨,莉莉,你的新公寓怎么样?
It's okay.
还好。
What? How can it be just okay when last week you were thrilled about the place and kept posting photos of it online?
什么?上周你还很喜欢这个地方,还在网上不停地发照片,怎么会是还好呢?
Well, last week when I moved in, the apartment seemed cozy, just the right size for one person.
嗯,上周我搬进来的时候,公寓看起来很舒适,刚好是一个人住的大小。
But now it just seems tiny, shabby and solitary.
但现在这个公寓看起来又小又破,而且感觉孤零零的。
Ah, that's the problem.
啊,这就是问题所在。
You miss your roommates from university, don't you?
你想念你的大学室友,是吗?
I'm going to sound like an idiot, because I used to complain to you all the time about how crowded our dormitory room was, and about all the things they did to irritate me, like watching movies late at night without headphones, or talking loudly early in the morning.
我要说的话听起来像个白痴,因为我以前总是向你抱怨我们的宿舍有多拥挤,抱怨舍友做的所有让我生气的事情,比如深夜看电影不戴耳机,或者一大早大声说话。
But now I miss them terribly.
但现在我非常想念她们。
Of course, you do. That's perfectly normal.
你当然会想他们。这很正常。
When I got my first place, I remember thinking I couldn't wait to live by myself and get away from my juvenile roommates and all their annoying habits.
当我拿到第一名的时候,我想我迫不及待地想要一个人住,远离我那些年轻的室友和他们所有令人讨厌的习惯。
But then I began missing them and feeling lonely and thinking that our dormitory was like paradise.
但后来我开始想念他们,感到孤独,觉得我们的宿舍就像天堂。
Even though there were six of us guys in one small room.
尽管我们六个人挤在一个小房间里。
I thought it was just me who felt like that.
我以为只有我有这种感觉。
Look, you lived at home with us, and then you had three roommates, and this is your first time living alone, so it's hard.
听着,你过去和我们一起住在家里,后来和三个室友住在一起,这是你第一次独自生活,所以很难。
But your first apartment is a milestone in your life.
但你的第一套公寓是你人生的里程碑。
And you should celebrate it. Tell me about the apartment.
你应该庆祝一下。跟我聊聊那套公寓吧。
Actually, it's not bad.
事实上,还不错。
In fact, it's pretty adorable now that I have decorated it and it has everything I need.
事实上,那套公寓现在非常讨人喜欢,我已经装饰好了,它里面有我需要的一切。
I have a kitchen to cook in and a bathroom all to myself, and then another room with my bed at one end and a sofa, a small table and chairs at the other end.
我有一间可以做饭的厨房,一间属于我自己的浴室,还有一间房间,它的一端是我的床,另一端是一个沙发,一张小桌子和椅子。
That does sound adorable, and I can't wait to see it. And neither can mom and dad.
听起来确实很讨人喜欢,我等不及要参观了。妈妈和爸爸也等不及要参观了。
Questions 1 to 4 are based on the conversation you have just heard.
请根据你刚听到的对话回答问题1到问题4。
Q1. What was the woman's first impression of the apartment?
问题1:这位女士对这套公寓的第一印象是什么?
Q2. Why does the woman say she's going to sound like an idiot?
问题2:为什么这位女士说她要说的话听起来像个白痴?
Q3. What do we learn about the man when he left the dormitory to live on his own?
问题3:当这位男士离开宿舍独自生活时,我们了解到他的什么信息?
Q4. What does the man say he can't wait to do?
问题4:这位男士说他迫不及待想做什么?