Conversation 1
对话1
Thanks for inviting me out tonight.
谢谢你今晚邀请我出去。
I've been wanting to try this place for weeks.
几个星期以来我一直想来这里吃饭。
I usually pass it on my way home from work, but never seemed to have time to stop.
我经常在下班回家的路上经过这儿,但似乎从来没有时间停一停。
I've been dying to come here as well.
我也很想来这里。
I was worried that the menu might not be accommodating, but one of my close friends ate here last week.
我担心菜单上的菜可能不太好,但我的一个好朋友上周在这里吃过饭。
She's a vegetarian.
她是个素食主义者。
She told me that there were a lot of options for her and they offered alternative dishes.
她告诉我,这儿有很多选择,他们提供替代菜肴。
But you're not vegetarian, are you?
但你不是素食主义者,对吧?
Well, not entirely.
嗯,不完全是。
I don't eat meat at all, but I don't have a problem eating fish, seafood or eggs.
我一点肉也不吃,但我会吃鱼、海鲜或鸡蛋。
Isn't that very difficult?
这不是很难吗?
I can't imagine giving up a premium juicy steak or bacon cheeseburgers。
我无法想象放弃美味多汁的牛排或培根芝士汉堡会是什么样。
I wouldn't know.
我不知道。
My parents followed the same diet.
我的父母也有同样的饮食习惯。
Even when I was younger, we never had meat during meals.
即使在我小时候,我们也从不在吃饭时吃肉。
And I never really had a craving to try it.
我从来没有想过要尝试一下。
I bet it would be hard, though,giving up something you're accustomed to eating.
不过,我敢打赌,放弃你习惯吃的东西会很困难。
I tried cutting back on coffee in the morning and it was awful.
我试着在早上少喝咖啡,但那实在是太糟糕了。
Come to think of it.
仔细想想。
It was probably even worse for my colleagues that had to deal with me at morning meetings.
对我的同事来说,情况可能更糟,他们不得不在上午的会议上与我打交道。
That's even harder to imagine you without coffee.
如果没有咖啡,就更难想象你的状态了。
So you say your parents also followed a partially vegetarian diet.
所以你说你的父母也属于部分素食主义。
Why did they decide to do that?
他们为什么决定那样做?
That's an interesting question.
这是个有趣的问题。
I never thought to ask them, though.
但我从没想过去问他们。
My best guess is for health reasons.
我猜是为了健康。
They're not terribly active or knowledgeable about animal preservation efforts, but they're serious about their health.
他们对动物保护工作不是很积极,也不了解,但他们对自己的健康很重视。
Both are in their 70s now.
两人现在都已经70多岁了。
But eat organic as often as possible and take part in regular physical exercise, neither of them has any health problems and they hardly ever get sick.
但他们还是尽可能多吃有机食品,定期参加体育锻炼,他们都没有任何健康问题,也几乎从不生病。
In that case, I might give it a try someday.
那样的话,我也许哪天可以试一试。
Now back to the menu.
现在回到菜单。
What are you going to have?
你准备吃点什么?
Questions 1 to 4 are based on the conversation you have just heard.
请根据你刚刚听到的对话回答1 - 4题。
Question 1: Where does the conversation most probably take place?
问题1:对话最可能发生在哪里?
Question 2: What do we learn about the woman?
问题2:关于这位女士,我们了解到了什么?
Question 3: What would be a difficult thing to do according to the woman?
问题3:根据女士的说法,做什么是一件困难的事情?
Question 4: What does the woman say about her parents?
问题4:关于她的父母,女士说了什么?