Recording 3
录音3
It's not hard to mess up an interview.
搞砸一次面试并不难。
Most people feel nervous sting across from a hiring manager, answering questions that effectively open themselves up for judgment.
大多数人坐在招聘经理对面都会感到紧张,回答的问题实际上是让自己公开接受评判。
And your chances of being more carefully considered for the job can quickly go downhill just by saying the wrong thing at the wrong time.
如果你在错误的时间说了错误的话,你被更加认真考虑入选的可能性就会迅速降低。
The most obvious thing not to do is complain.
最明显的事情就是不要抱怨。
Employers want to hire positive people.
雇主希望招聘积极向上的人。
Talking about a previous job negatively raises concerns that you might be difficult to manage, or you might be someone that blames management for your own poor performance.
消极地谈论上一份工作会让雇主更加担心你可能是很难管理的员工,或者你可能会因为自己的工作表现不好而指责管理人员。
Don't say that you've moved around in jobs because you haven't found the right fit or feel that you were not challenged enough.
不要说你不停跳槽是因为你没有找到合适的工作或者觉得自已没有受到足够多的挑战。
Statements like these will make you sound aimless and lost.
这样的陈述会让人觉得你没有目标、很迷茫。
And interviewer may well think why would this role be any different for you.
而且面试官可能会想:为什么我们的这个职位对你来说会有所不同?
You will probably leave here in six months.
你很可能会在六个月之内辞职。
It also begs a question of what type of relationship you had with your manager.
这也会让人有疑问:你之前和你的经理的关系属于哪种类型?
It doesn't sound like you had open communication with him or her.
听起来你们之间并没有敞开心扉交流过。
Managers usually love people who can self-sustain and enable growth through taking initiative, who are strong at following through their work and who bring ideas and solutions to the table.
管理者通常喜欢那些具有自我掌控能力并积极行动从而实现自我成长的人,这样的员工能够非常好地完成工作,还能为团队贡献自己的想法和解决方案。
If you were in a management or leadership position when discussing your current role, never take all the credit for accomplishments or achievements.
在讨论你当前的职能时,如果你处于管理层或领导岗位,千万不要把所有成绩或成就都归功于你自已。
Emphasize your team and how through their talents your vision was realized.
要强调你的团队以及如何通过他们的才能实现了你的愿景。
Most successful leaders know that they are only as good as their team.
大多数成功的领导者都明白,只有团队优秀,他们自己才优秀。
And acknowledging this in an interview will go a long way towards suggesting that you might be the right person for the position you are applying for.
在面试中承认这一点,将大大有利于你表明一件事:你可能是你所申请的职位的合适人选。
Lastly, have a good idea of what your role would be.
最后,要清楚地了解你的职能。
And try and convey the idea that you're flexible.
试着传达一种“你能灵活适应新职位”的印象。
Asking what your role would be suggests you will limit yourself purely to what is expected of you.
询问你的职能,意味着你能把自己完全定位到雇主对你的期望上。
In reality, your role is whatever you make of it.
实际上,你的职能就是你要做的事情。
This is especially true in small companies, where the ability to adapt and take on new responsibilities is highly valued.
在小公司尤其如此,在小公司,适应能力和承担新职责的能力非常重要。
And this is equally important, if you're just starting out.
如果你刚开始工作,这一点同样很重要。
Entry-level interviewees would do well to demonstrate a broad set of skills in most interviews.
初级水平的被面试者最好在大多数面试中展示多样的技能。
It's important to have a wide skill set, as many startups and small companies are moving really fast.
拥有多样的技能是很重要的,因为许多新成立的公司和小公司发展都非常迅速。
Employers are looking for candidates that are intelligent and can quickly adapt and excel in a growing company.
成长型公司的雇主们要找的是那些聪明、能迅速适应并脱颖而出的候选人。
Questions 22 to 25 are based on the recording you have just heard.
请根据你听到的录音回答问题22至问题25。
Q22: What does the speaker say can easily prevent an interviewee from getting a job?
问题22:讲话者说,什么可以轻易阻碍被面试者得到一份工作?
Q23: What should the interviewee avoid doing in an interview?
问题23:被面试者在参加面试时应该避免做什么?
Q24: What kind of employees do companies like to recruit?
问题24:公司喜欢招聘什么样的员工?
Q25: What is especially important for those working in a small company?
问题25:对于那些在小公司工作的员工,什么尤其重要?