Conversation Two.
对话二
How did it go at the bank this morning?
早上在银行的事情怎么样了?
Not well. My proposal was rejected.
不太顺利,我的申请被拒绝了。
Really? But why?
真的吗?为什么啊?
Bunch of reasons. For starters, they said my credit history was not good enough.
原因有很多。首先,他们说我的信用记录不太好。
Did they say how you could improve that?
那他们有说怎么去改善吗?
Yes, they said that after five more years of paying my mortgage, then I will become a more viable candidate for a business loan.
说了,他们说我的按揭贷款至少还要再还五年,然后我才能成为一个更合格的商业贷款候选人。
But right now it's too risky for them to lend me money. They fear I will default on any business loan I'm given.
现在因为风险太大所以不能把钱贷给我,他们担心我会拖欠他们发放给我的商业贷款。
That doesn't sound fair. Your business idea is amazing. Did you show them your business plan? What did they say?
听起来不公平啊,你的商业想法这么棒,你给他们看你的商业计划书了吗?他们怎么说的?
They didn't really articulate any position regarding the actual business plan.
对于实际的商业计划,他们并没有明确表达自己的立场。
They simply looked at my credit history and determined it was not good enough.
他们只是看了我的信用记录,然后就认定我的信用记录不够好。
They said the bank has strict guidelines and requirements as to who they can lend money to.
他们说,银行对贷款对象有严格的准则和要求。
And I simply don't meet their financial threshold.
我在财务上根本达不到他们的标准。
What if you ask for a smaller amount? Maybe you could gather capital from other sources, smaller loans from more lenders.
如果你贷少一点的金额呢?或许可以从其他渠道筹集资金,从更多的贷款人那里获取小额贷款。
You don't get it. It doesn't matter the size of the loan I ask for, or the type of business I propose. That's all inconsequential.
你不明白,问题不在于我要求贷款的规模、或者我要办理的业务类型,这些都不是重点。
The first thing every bank will do is study how much money I have and how much debt I have before they decide whether or not to lend me any more money.
每家银行要做的第一件事情就是要弄清楚我有多少钱以及我有多少债务,然后再来决定是否贷给我更多的钱。
If I want to continue ahead with this dream of only my own business, I have no other choice.
如果我想继续自己的事业,继续这个梦想,那么没有其他选择,
But to build up my own finances, I need around 20% more in personal savings and 50% less debt. That's all there is to it.
只能先把我自己的财务状况搞好,个人存款再提高20%,债务再减少50%,这样就没有问题了。
I see now it's a huge pity that they rejected your request, but don't lose hope.
我现在明白了,他们拒绝了你的申请真的很遗憾,但不要失去希望。
I still think that your idea is great and that you would turn it into a phenomenal success.
我还是认为你的想法很好,你会取得很大的成功的。
5. What did the woman do this morning?
这位女士今天早上做了什么?
6. Why was the woman's proposal rejected?
这位女士的申请为什么会被拒绝?
7. What is the woman planning to do?
这位女士打算怎么办?
8. What does the man suggest the woman do?
这位男士建议这位女士怎么做?