Hi, this is Your Health, Quickly, a Scientific American podcast series!
大家好,欢迎来到《科学美国人》播客系列节目《健康快讯》!
We bring you the latest vital health news: discoveries that affect your body and your mind.
我们将为大家带来最新健康要闻:影响人们身心健康的发现。
And we break down the medical research to help you stay healthy.
我们将分析医学研究,帮助大家保持健康。
I’m Tanya Lewis. And I’m Josh Fischman. We’re Scientific American’s senior health editors.
我是谭雅·刘易斯。我是乔希·费什曼。我们是《科学美国人》的高级健康编辑。
On today’s show, we’re doing a special holiday edition on drinking.
在今天的节目中,我们会做一期关于饮酒的节日特辑。
The holidays are filled with alcoholic delights, but too much of a good thing can lead to regret.
节日里满是饮酒的愉悦,不过,喝太多酒会导致后悔。
We are here to share some science-backed tips for imbibing more safely.
我们在这里分享一些有科学依据的安全饮酒建议。
Cheers!
干杯!
Chun! Sort of, all the cool kids in Korea are doing now.
干杯! 这是现在韩国所有时髦年轻人都在做的事情。
Chun. That is the sound of a lovely Josh Cabernet, one of my go-to drinks.
干杯! 这是乔希赤霞珠(酒的种类)的声音,我最爱喝的酒之一。
Not just cause it’s my name. It’s actually really good. Not a product endorsement.
不仅仅因为乔希是我的名字,还因为这款酒真的好喝。并不是为产品做宣传。
That was a clink of my gin and tonic, which is my — one of my go-to drinks.
那是我喝奎宁杜松子酒的叮当声,那是我常喝的酒之一。
What is your gin of choice?
你喜欢喝什么杜松子酒?
It’s British gin. I didn’t want to open a whole bottle of wine for myself, so I decided to make myself a gin and tonic.
这是英国杜松子酒。我不想给自己开一整瓶酒,所以我决定给自己调一杯奎宁杜松子酒。
People think of gin and tonics as Summer drinks — but they’re pretty good, December-ish, too!
人们认为奎宁杜松子酒是夏天的酒——但它们很好喝,也很适合十二月喝!
Yeah! Good year-round.
是啊! 全年都适合喝。
I enjoy a raising a glass for the holidays!
我喜欢为节日举杯!
For me, much as I enjoy these things, lately I’ve been noticing that the levels in my bottles are going down faster than they used to — and honestly that’s a bit unsettling.
对我来说,虽然我很喜欢这些酒,但最近我注意到酒瓶刻度比以前下降得快——老实说,有点令人担忧。
Actually I’m trying to cut back — I’m planning on this coming year to have a dry January.
事实上,我正试着减少饮酒——我计划来年的一月份进行大戒酒。
That’s a good idea. I’ve actually been cutting back myself, often substituting a non-alcoholic beer or “mocktail” for a glass of wine with dinner.
这是个好主意。实际上,我自己也在减少饮酒量,经常在进餐时用一杯无酒精啤酒或无酒精鸡尾酒来代替一杯葡萄酒。
But I still enjoy a real drink from time to time, especially on special occasions like holiday dinners or parties.
但我仍然喜欢时不时地喝上一杯,尤其是在节日晚宴或聚会等特殊场合。
That seems reasonable—we all need to celebrate sometimes! We just want to do that safely.
这似乎说得过去——我们有时候都需要庆祝! 我们只是想保证安全。
Exactly. And the holidays really can be a risky time for drinking.
没错,假期真是喝酒的危险时期。