手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 在线广播 > 福克斯新闻 > 2021年福克斯新闻 > 正文

在迪士尼旁边建一座监狱?

来源:可可英语 编辑:Vicki   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  


扫描二维码进行跟读打分训练

Government of laws it said, not a government of men uh

他说政府是法治的,不是人治的,

and that includes uh the law being Superior to big corporations,

也就是说,大公司不能凌驾于法律之上,

even corporations is big and powerful as Walt Disney Company.

即使像华特迪士尼公司一样强大的公司也不行.

People are like well there's… what should we do with this land.

人们好奇,我们要这片土地来干什么。

Someone even said like, maybe you need another state prison,

有人甚至说,或许可以再建一个州立监狱,

who knows, I mean I just think that the the possibilities are are are endless.

谁知道呢,我的意思是,我只是觉得这片土地有无限可能。

Florida Governor Ron DeSantis upping the ante and his ongoing battle with Disney,

佛罗里达州州长罗恩·德桑蒂斯加大攻势,继续与迪士尼作对。

threatening to build maybe a prison next to the theme park.

他威胁要在主题公园旁边建造一所监狱。

This after DeSantis announced a new bill

在此之前,德桑蒂斯宣布了一项新的法案。

that would void the company's move to strip powers from his oversight board

该法案将阻止迪士尼公司从监督委员会手中夺取权力,

and impose new regulations on the House of Mouse.

并迫使迪士尼遵守新的规定。

Joining us now with more, someone that might know what the plans are.

今天我们邀请到一位可能知道政府计划的人。

Florida Chief Financial Officer Jimmy Patronis.

佛罗里达州首席财务官吉米·帕特罗尼斯。

Jimmy, thanks for being here.

吉米,感谢你能来到节目。

So he mentioned multiple things one of which hey might be a a state prison.

他提到了很多事情,其中一件是可能要建一所州立监狱。

Talk to us. Share with our viewers the ongoing battle here with Disney.

跟我们的观众分享一下现在政府大战迪士尼是怎么回事。

Sure. So one thanks for having me

当然可以。首先,感谢你邀请我来做客。

but look I think the governor was uh was definitely flexing his muscles.

我认为州长绝对是在“秀肌肉”,展示权力。

There's a uh a jurisdiction the State of Florida has

佛罗里达州政府有管辖权,

and if they've got State lands and they decide to put a prison on it,

如果他们有州立土地,而且决定在上面建监狱,

that's in their jurisdiction to do it.

那就是他们职权范围内的事情了。

And look, whether you're going to be dealing with Ron DeSantis for two years as Governor or four years as Governor,

而且无论是要与罗恩·德桑蒂斯打两年交道还是四年,无论他要当几年州长,

Disney should be working around the clock to go and make amends with Ron DeSantis.

迪士尼都应该马不停蹄,去向罗恩·德桑蒂斯赔礼道歉。

You don't want to pick a fight with this guy.

没人会想和他斗的。

Well it seems like that I mean does is you know does Bob Iger ever reach out?

那,鲍勃·艾格有没有行动呢?

Do you have any sense of what their direction is here?

你知道他们的计划是什么吗?

Well look if I'm Bob Iger, I am working around the clock to try to figure out how to make amends with Ron DeSantis,

如果我是鲍勃·艾格,我肯定马不停蹄去寻找与罗恩·德桑蒂斯和解的方法,

just like Bud Light should be working around the clock to go kiss Kid Rock.

就像百威昕蓝应该立马去安抚基德·洛克一样。

This is a problem needs to be addressed. It is wide open.

迪士尼需要解决这个问题,方法有很多。

Yeah do you think they've learned a lesson or do you think they I mean it's kind of the same question

是的,你认为他们吸取了教训,还是他们……他们遇到了相同的问题,

but we'll see how Bud Light responds.

我们将看到百威昕蓝如何回应。

Disney doesn't seem to have changed its tune all that much.

迪士尼似乎没有怎么改变自己的立场。

So what we've seen with Disney is you've seen Bob Chapek's scalp is on the wall.

因此,我们就看到迪士尼解雇了前首席执行官鲍伯·查佩克。

Well that's true. They realize they made some mistakes Bob Bob Chapek went and got way outside of his comfort box and look he was new on the job.

的确如此。他们意识到自己犯了一些错误,鲍伯·查佩克走出了自己的舒适区,而且他是第一次做这份工作。

Iger's come in.

然后艾格回来了。

I think Iger's tried to make some corrections but I think iger's also fumbled the ball again.

我认为艾格试图纠正错误,但也没能成功。

I would be working around the clock figuring out how I could make this this come in for a landing.

如果是我,我会夜以继日地想办法解决这个问题。

Uh one thing that I'm glad that we've worked around the clock to make sure is Disney is paying all its own debts.

我们部门加班加点调查了迪士尼的财务情况,确认其正在偿还所有公司债务,这让我很高兴。

The governor is now looking at other things

州长现在正在考虑其他事情,

like what what do we need to do to make sure our firefighters there are properly compensated.

比如我们需要做什么来确保我们的消防员得到适当的补偿。

So you know when you start to force the governor to look at his options,

所以当州长被迫开始考虑其它选择时,

Disney is going to be forced to engage on issues they probably had not considered.

迪士尼就将被迫参与讨论他们很可能还没有考虑过的问题。

Yeah and if Governor DeSantis has shown one thing

是的,如果州长德桑蒂斯已经表明了一件事,

is he's not afraid of the fight and he's not backing down on this one.

那就是他不怕斗,而且在这件事上他不会退缩。

Jimmy Patronis, thanks a lot and you're right.

吉米·帕特罗尼斯,非常感谢你,你说得对。

Making friends with Kid Rock is a good idea. No doubt.

和基德·洛克交朋友是个好主意。毫无疑问。

译文由可可原创,仅供学习交流使用,未经许可请勿转载。

重点单词   查看全部解释    
tune [tju:n]

想一想再看

n. 曲调,调子,和谐,协调,调整
vt. 调

 
theme [θi:m]

想一想再看

n. 题目,主题

 
figure ['figə]

想一想再看

n. 图形,数字,形状; 人物,外形,体型
v

联想记忆
strip [strip]

想一想再看

n. 长条,条状,脱衣舞
v. 脱衣,剥夺,剥

联想记忆
multiple ['mʌltipl]

想一想再看

adj. 许多,多种多样的
n. 倍数,并联

联想记忆
bud [bʌd]

想一想再看

n. 芽,花蕾
vi. 发芽,萌芽

 
superior [su:'piəriə]

想一想再看

n. 上级,高手,上标
adj. 上层的,上好

联想记忆
comfort ['kʌmfət]

想一想再看

n. 舒适,安逸,安慰,慰藉
vt. 安慰,使

联想记忆
impose [im'pəuz]

想一想再看

v. 加上,课征,强迫,征收(税款)

联想记忆
engage [in'geidʒ]

想一想再看

v. 答应,预定,使忙碌,雇佣,订婚

 

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。