手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 在线广播 > CGTN频道 > 正文

专家建议美国早日接受中国的强大

来源:可可英语 编辑:Leon   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet

We know what needs to be done and why it's not happening.

我们知道什么需要完成,以及为什么没有发生。

And I think the biggest single obstacle that the world faces at the moment

我认为,在构建我们需要的全球社会方面,

in terms of building the global community we need is US hegemony.

目前世界面临的最大障碍是美国的霸权。

If you think about any historical terms, I mean,

如果你想到任何历史术语,我的意思是,

Einar made the point about the US being number one.

艾纳提出了美国是第一强国的观点。

In historical terms the US hasn't been number one for a very long time.

从历史上看,美国排名第一的时间并不长。

But in human terms, there's next to nobody alive today who can remember a time

但就人类而言,今天几乎人人都能记得

when the US was not number one.

美国曾是第一。

And the US has a very deep need to hang on to that number one spot.

美国非常需要保住第一的位置。

The US is like an athlete, a runner who's never lost a race.

美国就像一个运动员,一个从未输过比赛的赛跑者。

And they're obsessed with their status as always being the winner.

他们痴迷于自己永远是赢家的地位。

And they now face a situation where it is certain that somebody else is going to overtake.

他们现在面临的情况是,肯定有人会超过他们。

And they need to learn it's having a visceral effect on a country.

他们需要知道这对一个国家有内在的影响。

And they need to learn to cope with the idea

他们需要学会接受这样一个想法,

that they do not have to be number one at everything all the time.

即他们不必在任何时候都是第一。

Because if they don't do that, we're not going to make progress.

因为如果他们不这样做,我们就不会取得进展。

We're not going to move forward,

我们不会前进,

the things that we know need to happen are not going to be allowed to happen.

注定发生的事情不被允许发生。

Should ask Americans if they agree with that.

应该问问美国人是否同意。

That's the American egoism.

这就是美国人的利己主义。

I mean well, no, it’s to take your point.

我的意思是,不,是接受你的观点。

Arrogance is the downfall of empires.

傲慢是帝国的灭亡。

And quite frankly, I agree with everything you just said.

坦白地说,我同意你刚才说的一切。

The problem is that what is happening in America is infectious.

问题是,美国正在发生的事情具有传染性。

The poor leadership that leads to scapegoating to looking to some other,

糟糕的领导力致使需要找人当替罪羊,

but somebody else has had fault.

但别人已然有错。

It couldn't be us.

这不可能是我们。

You know why should we reflect.

你知道我们为什么要反思。

It's not our fault it's somebody else's fault.

这不是我们的错,是别人的错。

That has led in a chain reaction to poor leadership around the world.

这在世界各地引发了对低劣领导力的连锁反应。

So it does matter, when you are a power right, you have a responsibility.

所以这很重要,当你拥有权力,你就有责任。

I mean I'm so tired of people telling me about their rights.

我是说,我厌倦了人们一直朝我说权利。

Where are the responsibilities?

责任又在哪里?

You cannot have one without the other.

两者缺一不可。

The US has no right to rule the world but as the number one power has a responsibility to do it well.

美国没有权利统治世界,但作为头号大国,美国有责任做好这件事。

And we're not, okay?

但我们不是,好吗?

We have, if you look up the definition of a rogue nation, we often label others a rogue.

如果你查一下流氓国家的定义,我们经常给别人贴上流氓的标签。

What do they do?

他们做的是什么?

Well they start wars.

发动战争。

They undermine the international, you know, institutions, right?

他们破坏了国际制度,对吧?

They disregard the rights of others, right?

他们无视他人的权利,对吧?

They impose their will on others.

他们把自己的意志强加于人。

This in a nutshell is the United States.

简言之,这就是美国。

We've been involved in 81 percent of all the conflicts since World War II.

自第二次世界大战以来,我们参与了81%的冲突。

Well you can say ,”oh we're fighting the good fight. ”

你可以说"我们在为正义而战"

But it's not, nothing has improved.

但事实并非如此,一切都没有改善。

We are less safe today than we were after World War II after the fall of the Berlin wall.

今天的我们比二战后柏林墙倒塌后的我们更不安全。

So there needs to be self-reflection in the United States before anything can happen.

因此,在任何事情发生之前,美国都需要进行自我反思。

Because if the US does not want to play, I do not know how you can bring the world together.

因为如果美国不想参与,我不知道你能怎么把世界团结起来。

重点单词   查看全部解释    
certain ['sə:tn]

想一想再看

adj. 确定的,必然的,特定的
pron.

 
runner ['rʌnə]

想一想再看

n. 赛跑的人,跑步者

 
obstacle ['ɔbstəkl]

想一想再看

n. 障碍,绊脚石

联想记忆
global ['gləubəl]

想一想再看

adj. 全球性的,全世界的,球状的,全局的

联想记忆
arrogance ['ærəgəns]

想一想再看

n. 傲慢,自大

联想记忆
community [kə'mju:niti]

想一想再看

n. 社区,社会,团体,共同体,公众,[生]群落

联想记忆
definition [.defi'niʃən]

想一想再看

n. 定义,阐释,清晰度

联想记忆
hegemony [hi:'geməni]

想一想再看

n. 霸权,领导权

联想记忆
impose [im'pəuz]

想一想再看

v. 加上,课征,强迫,征收(税款)

联想记忆
rogue [rəuɡ]

想一想再看

n. 流氓;小淘气;凶猛的离群兽;(尤指植物的)劣种 v

 

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。