Today we answer a question from Melsom in Iran.
今天我们要回答来自伊朗的梅尔松的问题。
"How many ways can we say ‘you're welcome?'... How can we reply to them in both formal and informal ways?"
“我们表达不用客气的时候有多少种表达法?……我们如何以正式和非正式的方式对它们作出答复?”
Dear Melsom, We thank you for your question!
亲爱的梅尔松, 感谢你的提问!
Let's take a look at the formal answers first.
让我们先来看看正式的答案。
These would be ones that you may use with people you do not know very well.
这些是你可能会用在与你不太熟悉的人的对话中的。
They include: "you're very welcome" and "my pleasure."
它们包括:“You’re very welcome”和“My pleasure”.(别客气)
Here is how two co-workers may use them when speaking with each other:
以下是两位同事在交谈时可能用到的短语:
Thank you for helping me finish the project.
谢谢你帮我完成这个项目。
Of course. My pleasure.
应该的,别客气。
You may hear, "my pleasure" at a popular American fast food restaurant.
你可能在受欢迎的美国快餐店经常听到“my pleasure”的回答。
The company might tell workers to answer with ‘my pleasure,' when people say "thank you" to them.
公司可能会要求员工在人们对他们说谢谢的时候用“My pleasure”来回复他们。
This is both a formal and kind way to speak.
这是一种既正式又友好的讲话方式。
Now, let's look at less formal ways to say "you're welcome."
现在,让我们来看看不太正式的表达“不客气”的方式。
They include: don't mention it, it was nothing, sure thing, anytime, and no problem.
它们包括:don’t mention it,(不值一提) it was nothing, (没什么)sure thing, (应该的)anytime(随时为您效劳), and no problem(当然了)。
For example, suppose your friend helped you fix a problem with your computer.
例如,假设您的朋友帮助您解决了计算机问题的时候。
Here is what the two of you might say:
以下是你们两个可能会说的话:
Thanks for all your help!
谢谢你的帮助!
No worries! It's not a problem for me.
没什么!这对我来说小事一桩。
After saying, "You're welcome," you can choose to add some of the other expressions, too.
在说“You re welcome”(不客气)之后,您也可以选择添加其他一些表达式。
Like this: Thanks very much for the ride downtown this morning.
比如:非常感谢你今早送我进城。
You're Welcome! Don't mention it. It was nothing.
别客气!不值一提。小事一桩。
It is easy for me to take you; I'm happy to help.
我就是顺便捎着你;能帮到你我很高兴。
And that is Ask a Teacher!
以上就是今天名师答疑的全部内容。
I'm Anne Ball.
我是安妮·鲍尔。