Man: Gold Express. Jim Davenport.
男:黄金快车,我是吉姆·达文波特。
Woman: Morning. This is Anna Marsh from Business Review. You said you’d give me some information for the article I’m doing on delivery companies.
女:早上好。我是商业评论部的安娜·马什。我在写关于快递公司的文章,您说会给我提供这方面的信息的。
Man: Ah yes...
男:啊,是的……
Woman: So, when did ‘Gold Express’ start doing business?
女:那么,“黄金快车”什么时候开始营业的?
Man: Well, it had been in business for 10 years when I joined it in 1986, so that means it was set up in 1976.
男:1986年我加入时,它已经经营了10年了,也就是说它是在1976年成立的。
Woman: I see. And what’s your annual turnover?
女:我了解了。年营业额是多少?
Man: £118 million last year - that’s £12 million more than the year before.
男:去年1.18亿英镑,比前年多了1200万英镑。
Woman: That’s fantastic.
女:那很了不起。
Man: Most similar companies have only grown by 8 to 9% in the last 5 years, but our business has grown by 54% in that time. I think that’s due to our MD, Peter Mackintosh. That’s spelled M-A-C-K-I-N-T-O-S-H. He’s done a great job.
男:在过去的5年里,大多数类似的公司只增长了8%到9%,但我们的业务增长了54%。我想这多亏了我们总经理彼得·麦金托什。拼法是M-A-C-K-I-N-T-O-S-H。他干得很好。
Woman: What ideas has he brought to the company?
女:他给公司带来了什么想法?
Man: Well, first a very positive attitude to customer opinion. We have 120,000 customers, and we send questionnaires to 4,000 of those every 8 weeks.
男:首先是积极对待客户意见。我们有12万个客户,每8周向其中的4000个发送一次调查问卷。
Woman: That must be very useful for you.
女:那对你们一定很有用。
Man: And we encourage all our staff - there are 7,500 now, because we’ve taken on another 450 this year - to give opinions too.
男:我们也鼓励所有的员工——现在有7500人,因为今年我们又新录用了450人——发表意见
Last month 76% of staff said they were ‘totally satisfied’ with their work here - that’s 10% more than last time!
上个月,76%的员工表示他们对这里的工作“完全满意”——比上一次多了10%。
Woman: That’s great, thanks.
女:那很棒,谢谢。